Embarrassing moments with only yourself to blame

LMAO!

I have a somewhat similar story, though not while playing a video game.
A friend of mine (rip) & I used to box bees ( yes, as stupid as it sounds ).

We are/were huge fans of Bruce Lee and prone to being somewhat…let’s call it “expressive”.

One day, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, there were a cluster of bees outside of his newly
purchased home in a quiet, residential neighborhood.

We looked at each other ( as we did often ) and knew exactly what the other was thinking.

“HEEEEE-CHAAAWWWWWWWWW”…EPIC KUNG-FU BATTLE OF EPICTUDE ENSUES!

After a few minutes of wildly chopping, jumping and kicking, out of breath and laughing our heads off…we look up to see a couple with small children staring at us in horror from across the street.
The second my friend made eye contact with them, they began to scurry away into their house, in what I can only assume was sheer terror at the nutters across the way. Realizing their misinterpretration of our behavior, my friend yelled at them ( which certainly must have put them at ease, lol )…“HEY! HEY! WE’RE NOT CRAZY! YOU CAN’T SEE THE BEES! YOU…CAN’T…SEE…THE BEES!”.

And from then on after, anything taken out of context was forever referred to as " hey bro, they can’t see the bees".

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because of this, commemorative T-Shirts will be made

DICK IS ALLOWED!

I will honor this moment all around town.
They will appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha.

I genuinely got a hearty laugh from that story.

You could’ve just said that you were trying some sick freestyle dance moves. You could’ve been like, “You’re just not on this yet, it is off the rip.”

(Also, my condolences mate. Sounds like he was a great guy.)

1 Like

Good! It’s hilarious, in hindsight. …and made us seem even crazier, him screaming “YOU CAN’T SEE THE BEES!” Sane person behavior, for sure. :wink:

Thanks. It’s been a few years, so I just miss the crazy bugger. The rare friend that truly brings out the best and most creative in you ( hopefully, each other ). The scars are healed, but much appreciated.

1 Like

I also have an embarrassing moment from HERE that I need to come clean about.

It has happened a few times.

Every now and then, I like a post so much…I try to ReTweet it!

[quote=“ACNAero, post:406, topic:77214”]For awhile it was censored, then someone made the argument that Dick could be used in the context of someone’s name. Now it’s uncensored :P.[/quote]It’s also slang for someone being a jerk. They’d also have to censor Mr. Torgue – the poor guy would be like this:

Wait, I forgot – they DID do that…:

But seriously, I don’t think it a concern because it’s meanings/uses are so varied – and even if it was used to describe a guy’s nuts (which is another one!)… well, you see the point there.

Reminds me of a naughty limerick that Issac Asimov might have written- “There once was a man called Dickens…” :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O8kofEfkqQ

XD

Went to Thousand Cuts to test out an AR Axton build. Went to the top of the Buzzard tower area, killed off everyone except one Buzzard. Little did I know that I was standing next to an Incendiary barrel. The Buzzard took advantage of that, he shot it and the barrel put me right into FFYL. I was like ‘‘Well crap, I’ve got nothing but Dahl ARs and a Slagga, might as well give up now’’. To my surprise, I actually managed to get a long shot SW with a Corrosive Carbine. I was freaking thrilled, so thrilled in fact that I forgot the flaming remains of the barrel and backpedalled into it. Once I caught the fire DOT, I could do nothing but watch it eat through my shield and put me into FFYL again. Since I had nothing to to get a SW off this time, I died.

2 Likes

your a lot like me l don’t thing anything kill me yet, except myself lol

1 Like

I guess you can say you… took two steps forward and… one step back.

(I’m sorry. I had to.)

3 Likes

I was actually going to say something like that in the end, but I just couldn’t phrase it well.

1 Like

http://instantrimshot.com/

6 Likes

I wish I could like that more than once.

1 Like

I was sure my game was screwed beyond repair when I couldn’t fire my Infinity pistol nor my Jakobs shotguns at all. Then, after a couple days of grieving, I finally noticed that Gaige’s skill “Smaller, Lighter, Faster” makes those types of weapons unusable as long as you have that skill invested upon. ~Sad trombooone~

You can offset that with a Neutral (choose your favorite) Necromancer mod.

The first time I played this game and got to Tundra Express I started to explore the area and found the train tracks. I thought it would make for a decent shortcut to the bandit strongholds there so I started to walk down the track. I really didn’t pay attention to the sound of the train whistle I heard approaching, figuring it was just a sound effect. I was wrong…

[quote=“Eel37, post:416, topic:77214, full:true”]
Went to Thousand Cuts to test out an AR Axton build. Went to the top of the Buzzard tower area, killed off everyone except one Buzzard. Little did I know that I was standing next to an Incendiary barrel. The Buzzard took advantage of that, he shot it and the barrel put me right into FFYL. I was like ‘‘Well crap, I’ve got nothing but Dahl ARs and a Slagga, might as well give up now’’. To my surprise, I actually managed to get a long shot SW with a Corrosive Carbine. I was freaking thrilled, so thrilled in fact that I forgot the flaming remains of the barrel and backpedalled into it. Once I caught the fire DOT, I could do nothing but watch it eat through my shield and put me into FFYL again. Since I had nothing to to get a SW off this time, I died.[/quote]https://toomuchgaming.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/toasty.jpg

@Carlton_Slayer BT/DT by…well, by everybody.
Also, there should be a Murphy’s Law for the TEx train: Your hit box is larger than you think.

murphy’s law applies to everything.

I am…quite good…at finding holes in the world and falling through them.

1 Like

Saw a skin drop on an Assassins run, throw my character head long in to a prolonged fire fight where I practically win by the skin of my teeth.

“LOL RUNNER SKIN. COME AGAIN.”

1 Like