Emotions Are Running Too High

The team was aware as I thought they would be and it’s a top priority for investigation today. I’m keeping up on that process and will keep you guys updated. I think the aim is to have a quick fix in as soon as possible.

5 Likes

First of all, I’m glad that you jumped there to respond and I appreciate that and I like you didn’t jump the gun with my comment.

Yes, I didn’t meant I want to know everything you guys have in storage for us, just information in general.

In our situation, mine in particular 'cause obviously I only can speak for myself, you can understand we are a little tense with all this matter.

The game we wanted to support isn’t doing ok, people is playing less and less, still we doesn’t have any information, solid one, in new content and even if that was according to a schedule, a game with no microtransactions in the beginning, now asking money so little after release and without even given an already paid content like dlcs, you can get we are tense, at least, about it.

Also, the radio silence is what hurted most with the T2 skins debacle, because people was getting their hopes high, asking questions and making theories about these skins in particular and after that silence the only response came after a leak, asking for more money on a game where we paid a lot, at least in my case.

It’s tough only not knowing, but also this, for the silence involved in it, looked like an attempt to milk the cow before it dies and I know Gearbox has zero do to with marketing and sales, but still this is a Gearbox baby and is gonna look bad for Gearbox in the end.

I want to believe the game is gonna worth my money and time, I’m playing it even when I have queues for half hour now but I really, really, want to start to see the value of my money and not another attempt to pull more money from me.

1 Like

Preferably that grenadier - that’s my kind of hero! :slight_smile:

Second that!

1 Like

Then promote the special sales of this game. You want more people playing? Tell them when the game has a 40% - 60% discount from the regular price.

They said from the start that there would be premium skins and taunts. If you don’t want to spend money you don’t have to. These skins have been showing up on bots since early access so gearbox clearly pocketed them to keep a steady stream of post- launch content. They will continue to keep all gameplay changing content free.

I’m starting to get tired of repeating myself.

1. I don’t mind to buy skins, but I thought those ‘premium skins’ as you call them, will be T3 skins, not the ones we saw on bots on beta.

2. People made a crap lot of threads about those beta skins, asking for when, where and etc. Even asking if they were about to come in packs because people weren’t opening them just in case. They said zilch until the leak.

3. And, and this is my personal opinion, those skins are overpriced for what they are. In my opinion they should be part of the basic game as this isn’t a free to play game and some variety in costumization is something everyone could expect.

And I don’t have a problem, never said so as I recall, about if the changing content is gonna be free or not… I said I want info on my already paid content, aka my season’s pass.

I’m starting to get tired of defenders of the microtransactions that speaks to us, people that are against not microtransactions but these skins in particular, like if we are people in the street asking for coin without reading what we are actually saying.

1 Like

Edit: TLDR? Your choice.

Firstly, good on you for being optimistic…
While some may see the glass half empty, someone has to see it half full, right?

As I’ve said before, I have put BB down for now, only because of the issues Australians are having with the game (matchmaking times, disconnects, lag, etc - there’s a thread on it)…

I preordered BB before its original February release date, because it’s a gearbox game, and I love everything to do with borderlands…
So that’s all it took to make me preorder it, I didn’t even know anything about it, didn’t care, haha…

Recieved an email about the beta being available, so I played it, and loved it, and didn’t regret my preorder made under no assumptions…
because, if I like a game, the way it looks, a particular franchise, or the companies that makes it…
I care not for reviews, I’ll make my own when I pay my money and put the discs in my console to play it…

I even started commenting on this forum when I played the beta, normally don’t care for this stuff, no regrets there either, lovely bunch of folks here…

Played BB pretty much non stop for 3 weeks from May release…
No regrets, happy and very much in love…
Other than it slowly getting worse in service and eventually, failing on me completely all of a sudden, Aussie player base pretty diminished…
(But, you are looking into this for Australians, right @JoeKGBX?)

While I currently can’t play the game to its full capacity…
I don’t let all the negativity get to me (anymore)…
It was getting to me, only because I found myself in that box, the disappointment box…

But, I don’t regret my purchase…
Because like everything in life, everything is a risk…
And every player is taking a risk when purchasing a game…
Will it, or won’t it be all we expect?
(Appreciation, over expectation!)

Most of the time, it’s not what we expected (good or bad)…
And not always because it’s good, or because it’s bad (okay, some are good, and some are awful…)…
But souly because we didn’t create it…
We don’t know all the processes, all the thought that goes into it, or where all that thought is constantly going…
But we ‘think we do’, and heck, we all like to think ‘we are right’…

As consumers, we are an entitled bunch…
Expecting if we fork out some cash…
Suddenly we have more power and brains than the people whom actually made or make the product…
“I payed this much money”, blah blah blah…
Hey, even I’ve barked such things on this forum (and probably will below, figures)…

We all want to recieve ‘what we paid for’…
But in this ‘throw our money at almost anything’ society, it’s a fine line between knowing, and assuming, what we are actually paying for…
Nothing is that transparent anymore, under the fine print, there more fine print…

Yes, BB needs some more work…
And maybe it would be nice if ALL gaming companies didn’t try to rush their games out the door because they need to constantly compete with each other, have set profit margins, deadlines, etc…

It would be nice if the companies themselves had a little pep talk amongst staff to remind one another about ‘why do we make games’, and didn’t insist on the answer being ‘money’…
(I’m sure, deep down, this isn’t the case… But gotta make those dollars)

I know ‘release dates’ push this too…
Screw it, don’t give anyone any (as if!), or just give an estimate, ‘Spring 2016’ for example, not a month and day that is too detailed to stick to…
Announce those finer details when it is ‘fully’ ready…

If a game takes longer than expected, then just keep the hype train before release going…
Rather than half selling a half made, under prepared, just gotta get it out the door game…
That consumerist are paying full price for, and only getting half their monies worth…

Give me back the days, where I paid $100 for a PlayStation game, recieved 2 discs of content (only because, games didn’t store the way they do now), sometimes even more discs, interchanged them, ‘GOT’ my monies worth in a complete package, and didn’t need any of this DLC shiz, haha… (Eek, showing my age here)

Basically, after this long butt rant…
My conclusion is…
We all just want what we paid for…
And everyone has a different view on what that is…
Some word it a little harsh, but we certainly can be blunt when it comes to money, haha…

But we can ‘choose’ how to spend our money…
We don’t need to buy these micro transaction thingies…
But getting the efficiency and full content we expected, at the very least, I think is all we mainly ask…

I paid $99.95 for BB (standard preorder disc)…
I bought a $70 PS+ subscription just to be able to play it (thankfully shares between accounts on the one console - couch co op)…
Then I’m expected to buy a season pass of $29.95 or individually buy content which I don’t know it’s individual prices yet…
and have to buy TWO season passes because of couch co-op, so round that up to $60 as things don’t share between everyone on the same console for some reason (they used to)…
And then theres this new micro/platinum stuff on top of that (once again, couch co op, so two of everything)…

Those dollars all add up…
But, I haven’t gotten to the season pass, and further transactions yet, times two, because of the issues mentioned above…
But still, even what I’ve paid thus far, is a lot, for what I ‘used’ to be able to get in a game (original PlayStation, or even ps2 days… Maybe even ps3 a little!)…

I’m glad devs/game companies are ‘sticking by their games’…
But please, ‘stick by your consumers’…
We all have heaps of praise to give, and it’s worth its weight in gold!

The gaming expos of the year are soon to begin (e3 I’m not really counting, as it’s mainly ‘new stuff’)…
Set up your booth gearbox at whatever one is available, pump out BB, convince more players to buy it, do all you can…
There’s no need to just stick to word of mouth, or social media… Even though that’s free…
Please wisely use the dollars that players are continuing to pump into BB…

And, make it work for Australians!
I want to play BB again and buy all these lovely things other players are buying, I too have money to invest… Please @JoeKGBX!

(Sorry, this was quite the ramble, and I had no idea where it was going, or would end up, haha)

7 Likes

We haven’t forgotten about our Aussie friends, don’t worry!

5 Likes

Oh people are generally saying the skins are too simple?

Yes any info of season pass would be great!!! People actually gave some nice ideas like horde mode or raids.

I love the idea of a Horde mode, I love the idea of Raids. Not that this is on topic, but both of these are great ideas.

1 Like

Yeah that is important. Just to keep people’s moral up.

I really feel for you guys. It is so bad that you have to be forced to stop playing because of bad connection. I don’t know if you’ve played Mortal Kombat X, but I bought that game (and was super hyped) only to play for 3 days because the PVP was unplayable! I was super disappointed and I felt stupid for being so excited for MKX. Anyway, when GBX fix Aussie connections, I will be sure to celebrate it with you guys! GBX MUST FIX IT.

Same! I only visit forums usually to see patch notes. For BB, I’ve spend more time here than playing the game itself.

I am certainly guilty of that :confused:

I think we all know pretty much what we are getting ourselves into when we bought this game. But the connection issue for the Aussies is really ■■■■■■. (What you are saying here is so well put btw! )

Yeah this was such a big mistake by them. The game really needed to be polished and tested before release. Heck, if they actually released their game after Overwatch, we could have had way more players! People complained that Overwatch got boring fast with too little content. So those who are looking for another game to replace Overwatch, they would have looked to Battleborn!

Yeappppppp…

GBX better know this!

I’m sure they will!

I hope this may have given you a little bit of peace! Really wish you Aussies all the best!

2 Likes

To be honest, from the stream aspect of things (cuz I’ve dived in and out of positive and negative/toxic topics) I feel that people haven’t taken into consideration the steps that GBX has made in a relatively new direction (this is the first I’ve seen them take on a game this deep in the online gaming scene).

From what I’ve seen, people just raged about how “borderlands had so much this and that” but the fact is that as much as those games are awesome, this is not Borderlands. Though it has its situations, this game comes off as its own entity that most people overshadow because they only know and expect a certain popular formula from GBX. However, if an artist only stuck to one thing they did well, they’d have a next to never chance of surprising you with something that really CHANGED the game. This perspective isn’t the entire problem but I feel it is an adequate part of players’ morale and attitudes towards BB .

Personally, I see the game as a seperate child with its own quirks that will definitely get worked out and encourage any others who are new to the game reading this to keep an open mind and keep hope alive :smirk:

3 Likes