Empowered scholar worst boss ever

I dont think I need to explain why this is by far the worst boss in the game, the platforms are extremely glitchy and the bubble around him will knock you off when you arent even touching it. Can gearbox actually fix something for once?

17 Likes

equip a sniper or any decent pistol and just shoot the crystals… i melted that dude the first time i played him…

second time i allmost 1 shotted the bastard on M4…

4 Likes

Yea, I hated him. If I wanted to play a platform game, I’d play Super Mario Odyssey. They made it difficult to see and with the various moving platforms moving up and down, I don’t know how many times I died on that. I never died from a mob once.

I hope that everyone bitches to GB about this boss. I want to be able to farm a boss and this one is definitely not farmable with his multiple immunity phases and the 2 platforms.

7 Likes

The one shotting is his initial immunity mechanic. He does like a blood explosion and goes immune. OP is right though, the fight is tedious and check full of unnecessary immunity. I know it’s boring always one shotting bosses and cool boss mechanics are things people encourage. Haunt was a good immunity enemy, cause he had the same style but it was more reasonable to shut down. This guy just sucks with the finicky platforms and cliff deaths.

4 Likes

No problem with it once I figured out how to go about it.

7 Likes

Ijust sat back with my krakatoa and blastred those crystals. One time I didn’t get them fast enough, and he gained an armor bar(yellow) I just melted it with my Lob.

1 Like

Same here. I fell off the platform once, then said What if I just wait and he came back to the arena. Where the Anarchy blasted him…
–RoA

1 Like

if it weren’t for the immunity i would have blasted him to kingdome come hahahaha

come on guys… it’s realy a super easy boss… just be sure to have a jakobs gun handy to shoot the crystals when he’s not in the arena (you should be able to reach them all from the area he spawns in)

then just headshot him into oblivion :slight_smile:

1 Like

This boss fight is nice and challenging took me 3 tries to get him fell from the rock until I got the hang of it I really like what they did here with the idea, boss fights should be challenging and creative

10 Likes

Well I guess my main problem was with trying to fight him as intended. The platforms are pretty buggy. Several times I tried to jump on the platforms and got stuck in an infinite mantle and fell off. Then if you do it right, you can just get stuck on the platform with no way back but to jump off the edge or save quit. It’s not that great man, felt like a troll boss honestly.

5 Likes

Is it actually possible to get an angle on all four of the crystals? Was trying last night but one was completely blocked by the immunity shield from where I was so I had to jump across to get it. Second immunity phase, I could only get a bead on a couple and missed my jump…

2 Likes

I was running Zane so I used Clone Swap after I shot all the crystals.

3 Likes

Mozeying through this one so… just died twice more. Are you on?

Ghast calls will not home on the ‘back’ crystal if thrown from the main area.

Also, if you jump on to the pillar where the scholar recharges make absolutely sure you jump back BEFORE it collides with the main area - just got trapped Monkey King style in the rock and could not do anything other than save-quit.

Ok, finally gave up and just let the Scholar fully charge back up. Sucked, but I really didn’t want to lose any more money to that thing.

Onwards…

3 Likes

Mixed thoughts on this boss, while I enjoyed the new mechancis - just sniped the crystals didn’t even think about platforming - but thought he was rather bullet spongey, so I would like to see a reduction in the health pool on my opinion

2 Likes

I actually found it really fun tbh, the second platform is bit weird though. I’m not sure where to step on after shooting all the crystals.

5 Likes

And one more small comment…
Worst boss ever? I’ll assume you didn’t play all of BL2 then, since…
Master Freakin’ Gee is the Worst Boss Ever!!!

–RoA

11 Likes

Sorry I had just quit - all the fast panning to look for the flyers was giving me a major eye strain headache.

1 Like

See, that’s why you need to co-op with Moze! Iron Bear does a great job of those. Anyway, done for the night here. Just about to go up the mountain to the old research site/ship.

Send me a message if you know what time you’re going to be on. I’ve got 2 weeks off, for obvious reasons, and can make a point of being on when you’re going to be. I just got Amara to the lodge.

The first time I faced him I died 2 times with the second immunity phase failing to jump on the platforms. The third time I had no problems at all.

I really liked the boss fight, some platforming for a change is nice and fun, but maybe it will get old very quick when farming him.

1 Like