Ending of Episode 5 is kinda lame (Spoiler)

(GoetzIronHand) #1

Tales from the borderland worked because it was full of twists and betrayal, but at the end you just pick the pieces up and put them in a trash compactor.
The stuff with handsome Jack was pretty cool. But at the end it became just two linear. It’s was like “Let’s gather our friends and kill the Monster” and then they gathered their friends and killed it. And what an unexpected surprise: It didn’t work out as planned and then someone had to sacrifice him.

And they have totally overdone this friendship-thing. It was simply too positive and too nice. The ending was like claptrap and everyone within the borderlands series hates claptrap.

I see where you´re coming from, but I still cried at the sacrifice part. I thought that there would be some kind of, try again to make it better this time around, with the final achievement being “twice told story” and that device (you know what). I liked the happy end though, because I´m a fan of those ^^
Other than that, i was absolutely suprised what drastic measures they took in this final episode, really looking forward to the consequenses in BL3.
And what exactly happened at the end, in the vault, where did they go? I´m totally flustered right now, never expected this kinda cliffhanger ending D:

(GoetzIronHand) #3

The sacrifice was kinda forced in. The same counts for the pick your fault hunters part.
And they tried to show that “your choices matter”, while I never expected that they to mattered, I mean we are on Pandora and not in sunshine land where every good act is rewarded by a higher force. Most of these good choices felt like I was giving up something or like I was putting myself in danger, but that felling is gone when you get a reward.
You can’t reward selflessness, then it wouldn’t be selflessness.

(99 HellbornKriegers) #4

Krieg appeared xDDD
I wasn’t expecting that.

(clflanagan72) #5

First: We have played this game before. Jack is a master of manipulation, for some unfathomable reason he makes a stupid and rash mistake. You mortally wound him, he begs, you kill him and the vault monster and loot. It’s like Deja vu all over again.
Second: If there was going to be a final end to Jack he deserves a better sendoff that some fan boy pulling on wires. It should be a truly epic boss fight we were denied in Borderlands 2.

It just seems like the writers are trying to convert all of us Jack fans, by going to 11 to make him unredeemable and somehow making, at least me, root for him more. If that is the end of Jack, then I don’t see me going back to Borderlands, which is just an OK FPS without him. And if they bring him back just to go through this cycle again I’ll pass. I don’t want to have to kick Jack when he is down for a third time.

(Gerard HDZ) #6

Wait was he the “mysterious” choice for the team? If so how much money is needed?

(99 HellbornKriegers) #7

Krieg, Maya and Nisha

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #8

Pretty sure that’s Lilith (instead of Maya) but it’s not like it matters considering who’s actually recruited.

(GoetzIronHand) #9

If Jack died in an boss battle he would have been killed by one of several hundred bullets that hit him.
I think it would have been cooler if he were stuck somewhere alone for eternity.

I kinda grew tired of jack, he was important for the series, but he is not borderlands.

(99 HellbornKriegers) #10

Looks like all VH are “recruitable” since there is a video where clappy appears xD

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #11

Nah, they only managed to get Claptrap himself on board.

(99 HellbornKriegers) #12

Wait, so the image of K, Lilith and Nisha are just distractions and the mysterious vault hunter is claptrap? XD

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #13

Exactly. They really trolled us with that one. Nisha’s confirmed dead already so that was probably intentional foreshadowing.

(99 HellbornKriegers) #14

DISAPPOINTment

(GoetzIronHand) #15

And the whole thing doesn’t make much sense. Why were they sure the monster would disappear when they destroy gortys? And why couldn’t gorty simply turn the Vault off if he was holding it open?

And I get that Fiona Rhys Vaughn and Sasha became friends, but Gortys is simply there and he doesn’t show up until episode 3.

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #16

The Traveler, true to his name, travels across the universe via teleportation rapidly (and the Vault he is in). The Gortys Project was designed to detain the Traveler in one location. As long Gortys is around, the Traveler stays in that location. Destroy her and he is back to traveling across the universe.
The Traveler (initially) didn’t finish Gortys off which shows that he needed her to stay in that one location so he could wreck havoc on Pandora.

(GoetzIronHand) #17

And why couldn’t gortys simply turn it off? Seams like a design flaw.

(clflanagan72) #18

Of course he isn’t Borderlands, but he is the character that kept me coming back for more. Handsome Jack was the one character that isn’t found in other FPSs, he was unique to the game and made Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel so replayable. The rest of the vault hunters are just boilerplate FPS characters that I can find in any RPG shooter game. So I see myself just moving on to a game with a more interesting villain.

It’s a ‘me’ thing, I play a game for the villain more than the playable characters. Handsome Jack made the fight seem worthy of doing even when it got a little grinding.

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #19

For us it seems like a flaw but I’d say it makes sense for Atlas. Gortys is, for some reason, sentient. Giving her the ability to manually disable her primary function could have caused trouble for them so they simply never built such a feature in. Just in case she rebels or something.

That’s just speculation though. Makes you wonder why she is sentient in the first place instead of a simple A.I… But I guess pretty much every A.I. becomes sentient in the futuristic Borderlands as we can see from Loader Bot.

(President of Jellybeans) #20

Anyone know, or have an idea about, what event(s) triggers zer0? I think I could have used everyone but him for my voltron.