Epic Games BL2 Version Incompatible with Texmod and BLCMM

I just downloaded BL2 using the currently available free game offer from Epic Games, and I am trying to ‘install’ some textures using Texmod (essentially renaming the Texmod launcher to ‘Launcher.exe’, so opening the game through the Epic Games Launcher actually runs Texmod. Then clicking ‘Run’ on Texmod opens the game through Borderlands2.exe) but it appears that I MUST start the game from the Epic Games Launcher:

https://imgur.com/a/vIVlqxM

Here is what I have tried so far to resolve the issue:

1. Creating a shortcut for the executable and adding the parameters displayed in the EpicGamesLauncher.log file;
  2. Adding the parameters to the executable through the Epic Games Launcher;
  3. Adding the game to my Steam Library and adding the parameters to the executable through Steam;
  4. Asking this question on r/Borderlands2 (there was a response, but it didn’t work); and,
  5. Posing this question to Epic Games support. They responded, said they couldn’t help, and pointed to the 2K forums (which are, unfortunately, highly inactive). A moderator from the 2K forums responded and pointed me here.

Unfortunately, none of these have worked (or I simply haven’t received a response yet), and I am at my wits end… Is there any way I can fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gearbox does not officially support modding of BL2 and has not made any tools or UI available for it. So basically, you’re on your own, unless the folks behind the UCP can help. I believe they have a dedicated Discord somewhere - maybe check their GitHub page.

1 Like

OK, thanks for the heads-up! I will contact the people at UCP through Discord, and if no-one is able to help, I’ll get back with Epic Games support (it is my opinion that they should be able to help, since it is their tampering with the executable that appears to be causing the issue…). I’m really glad I did not spend a single penny on the game through them…