I just downloaded BL2 using the currently available free game offer from Epic Games, and I am trying to ‘install’ some textures using Texmod (essentially renaming the Texmod launcher to ‘Launcher.exe’, so opening the game through the Epic Games Launcher actually runs Texmod. Then clicking ‘Run’ on Texmod opens the game through Borderlands2.exe) but it appears that I MUST start the game from the Epic Games Launcher:
Here is what I have tried so far to resolve the issue:
- Creating a shortcut for the executable and adding the parameters displayed in the EpicGamesLauncher.log file;
- Adding the parameters to the executable through the Epic Games Launcher;
- Adding the game to my Steam Library and adding the parameters to the executable through Steam;
- Asking this question on r/Borderlands2 (there was a response, but it didn’t work); and,
- Posing this question to Epic Games support. They responded, said they couldn’t help, and pointed to the 2K forums (which are, unfortunately, highly inactive). A moderator from the 2K forums responded and pointed me here.
Unfortunately, none of these have worked (or I simply haven’t received a response yet), and I am at my wits end… Is there any way I can fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!