Epic Store Mega Sale Questions

I pre-ordered the Super Deluxe Edition of Borderlands 3 on the Epic Games Store on 4/19. The FAQ about the free $10 on big game purchases say that if you bought a game between 5/2 and 5/19, you get the difference of the market price and sale price refunded, along with the $10 bonus. Is Borderlands 3 just not available during the sale? Was it ever on sale? If the game were to go on sale, those who bought it in between 5/2-5/19 would get a bigger refund than those who bought it before. Is this right? or am I missing something entirely.

If I understand what I’ve read correctly, BL3 was pulled from the Epic inventory due to the sale (apparently Epic didn’t check with 2K beforehand), but those that did buy before that will have the sale price honored. IIRC, both PC Gamer and Ars Technica have articles about it all…I’d suggest checking those sites for specifics, as I may have missed something and don’t wish to fuel rumors any more than I may already have done here.

• EDIT - link to the Ars article

• EDIT 2 - there’s another thread on it here…didn’t see that one until just now

Closing since the answers are all in the links in the second post (thanks @Ossie!)

1 Like