Eridian guardian killed itself in front of me?

With photo mode so well implemented on Epic and PC, it is fun to break down behaviors of various enemies. I ran into some Eridian Guardians and while most of them were fighting me as normal, this one dropped back. I chased after it and it just stood there waiting for its picture to be taken. Then it started “dancing” and apparently committed its spiritual death right in front of me without prompting. It was strange! (and wonderful!)…

1 Like

I’m assuming You where doing Proving Grounds and this is a Guardian You need to kill to get an extra :ballot_box_with_check: for better loot in end chest.
It dies/disappear after certain amount of time and You can’t find another one to complete this side quest for :ballot_box_with_check:.

You need to kill him before he escapes, the same like Loot Tink, Jabber etc.

Actually, I have not gotten to Proving Grounds in this particular run.
To me, this was just a random guardian near the beginning of the Ruins of Tazendeer–I guess I have not seen too many of these in prior runs – so it may have been an a loot guardian or key to another quest --taking pictures makes you pay attention to some of the details missed in previous runs. One of the reasons I love Borderlands is that there always seems to be something I missed, even after playing for hundreds of hours.

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely a fallen guardian fleeing from you (they can spawn outside of the Proving Grounds too). I thought the red ray it projects would summon a portal above it, so either the game didn’t load it in your case or I got blinded by the light when I first saw it.

By the way, I totally agree about photo mode and finding new things in Borderlands games, I don’t know how much I would pay for Gearbox to add it to previous titles too.

1 Like

Oh, yeah… exactly! I started playing BL2 (again, recently) and have been really disappointed in not having the same option for photos. The Nvidia and Xbox apps for PC are just not as versatile as the current Epic PC app. I wonder if the photo mode on Steam is the same or if they make you use their own photo app tied to their social net.

1 Like