Ever since I installed BL3 my computer BSOD's ALL the time

I’ve had this exact PC setup up and running for 2 years. The ONLY time that it has EVER Blue Screen’d is about a year and a half ago when I was messing with my overclock settings. Once they were dialed in, a BSOD was never seen. Now that I’ve installed BL3 I BSOD every 15 minutes. Even if the game hasn’t been running, I still crash. Last night I was playing, and I got a BSOD. I restarted my PC and said “screw it” and went to bed. I turned on The Office and went to bad. About 5 minutes after laying down, BSOD. I remember when Borderlands 2 came out, I would BSOD every once in a while, like maybe every 8 hours of gameplay or so. But now that this is happening on a super-regular basis it’s really disheartning. Any suggestions anyone has to fix the issue, I would appreciate it. I turned off all over-clock settings hoping it would help solve the issue, and it did absolutely nothing.

Maybe your hardware is showing age. Do you have any info on what cause the BSOD ? I’ve played 10 hours straight this weekend. I only saw 1 CTD. No BSOD.

Well Im on a 7700K with a 1080Ti. So it shouldnt be THAT far behind LOL. The BSOD error is basically a general nvidia crash error. Its the same error Ive seen when overclocking, except I havent seen it since I built this thing. The other thing is that even if I cap the FPS and set everything to low, I’m ALWAYS at 100% GPU usage which is really really weird.

are you running MSI Afterburner or RTTS while playing the game ? If you are getting nvidia crash, I would do a DDU and reinstall your nvidia drivers with the latest version.

your power supply maybe dying if your gpu is at 100% load then even a small hiccup in the power can cause a bsod

Same issue here with similar hardware:
Intel I7-8700k
Geforce 1080 TI
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-G

Borderlands seems to crash the whole system, resulting in BSODs.
Im running the game on max graphic settings, but keep frames locked at 60fps. Dx12-Option is disabled. I also dont see any pattern on when the crashes happen.

Ive uploaded my 3 most recent Crash-Dumps on megaload, in case anyone or someone from the tech-team might fetch some info from them:

• 091519-5656-02.dmp was caused by “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” and seems to be direclty related to DirectX.
  • 091519-5718-02.dmp was caused by “KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED”. When this happened, I started the game in compatibility mode. No luck with this one.
  • 091619-5796-01.dmp is caused by “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”. This is the most often thrown error and screams driver-fault but I cant identify which driver is the cause. I guess its the Nvidia-Driver, but again, only BL3 triggers this crash.

Im pretty interested if you get the same error-codes. In case you want to upload your crash-dumps, they are located under C:\Windows\Minidump

This is 100% Nvidia driver related. Do you have shadowplay enable at all?. Mine is active but only to show FPS, That’s it. I don’t have instant replay or other function enable with it.

I dont have any overlays or recording tools active. Also Geforce Experience is not running in the background.