Except for Zero Bore (and this also looks tricky) there's no quick gimmick to take down Digipeak Saturn is there

From what I can find there is not.

This makes me sad.

1 Like

If you’re asking for possible strategies, I’m guessing this is for Axton? And I think this means specifically OP7? (Might want to edit your title to be more specific…)

2 Likes

For Axton the only thing he can exploit is Longbow and Maglock. Pin the turrets high up and away from you to draw their aggro. For climbing the Peak, the easiest combo is a Bee, Hornet (the splash gets grenade boosts), and corrosive relic (bolded that because I saw your post on Relics :wink:). Hide behind the rock that’s beside the first ammo chests you come to - it’s better than the vendor shed. Go for their turrets first, which will trigger your kill skills. Not a huge help, but help nonetheless.

This is pretty much the strategy for Maya and Gaige. Scorn can help Maya deflect the rocket salvos. Krieg will want to get Blood Bath from a turret ; Sal - same but NKLO ; Zer0 - Bore of course.

2 Likes

What @jefe said is right, if you can’t get a corrosive sandhawk

2 Likes

Yehh… Sounds pretty long tbh. I saw some Axton guy on YouTube take them out in a few minutes but he was using some etech type of thing legendary corrosive rocket launcher. And he had to buy more rockets too.

So yeah I think end of the line here OP7 for my Axton. And for all my VHs tbh, except maybe Zero if I ever manage to get him that far.

Does it have to be that Pimpernel rifle for Zero to use Bore on Saturn?

1 Like

My Digi Saturn fights with Axton where not the cleanest and definitely not the fastest. For both OP8 and OP9 I bee-hawked from the vendors until they came up the hill and I had to finish the fight from the Assassin arena.

^^^This for sure. Since obtaining OP10 I’ve done a couple Axton peak runs for fun (insanity!) and this is much better. I’m still using the Bee, but not the Sandhawk so much. I’ve been using the Pimpernel and Hornet in more recent runs. This way they sometimes chase me to the vendor shed but not the assassins arena. Problem with the assassin area is if you run out of ammo…well…not good.

3 Likes

Yeah…no.
Again : Hornet, Bee, corrosive relic. Easy to get, effective and pretty quick.

Guns with oscillating or diverging pellets : Interfacer, Conference Call, Tidal Wave (true!), Slagga. The Slagga is extremely good for Bore and easier to get than the others.

5 Likes

No, but it does a very good job. I’ve even one-shot both Saturns at once…with the Pimp(that was only one time). But you can proc bOre with a lot of different guns. More recently I’ve done it with the Bekah and the Maggie, but at Fyrstone, not the Peak. Bore really works best if you use a gun with multiple projectiles.
I would still recommend the Pimpernel over most any thing else.

3 Likes

Any gameplay video of this?

1 Like

Thanks. How about Sandhawk? Or that plasma caster where balls swerve side to side? Think it’s dahl

1 Like

Sorry man autocorrect on phone, I can see how that might have sounded rude

2 Likes

Apologies for my knee jerk reaction.

To answer : not sure about the Sandhawk. My Zer0 doesn’t have one. And it’s the Bandit etech that does that. It’s terrible - I don’t see it working except by fluke.

2 Likes

The sandhawk I’m certain would bore, I’ve never tried to be honest.

^^This. It stands to reason that bullets flying in a pattern other than a straight line would have more chance of making contact with an enemies hitboxes.

Very true! I’ve bored Saturn and Hyperius(before new level cap) with the Tidal Wave.

I really don’t know about plasma casters as I rarely use them.

1 Like

There isn’t a quick gimmick, Saturn’s kinda a sponge. It can be done pretty safely though by staying up top and letting all his missiles hit the rocks.

If you’re Axton I would pair any of these guns with a Bee and a Corrosive Bone:

• Hornet
  • Corrosive Pimpernel
  • Corrosive Lyuda
  • Corrosive Sandhawk
  • Corrosive Conference Call

The least painful to get are probably the first three. I personally picked up a Corrosive Pimp at our new OP8 to get through the double Saturns on the last 2 runs. But if you pick it up at OP7 and update the Bee I think it will work fine. You just need some patience. It’s not the fastest fight in the world but I think I only had an Axton run end there once on the way up (it’s usually the Assassins or Dukino’s Mom for me…).

Fun fact, though, there’s a bore-like effect you can achieve with the Boom Puppy assault rifle, where its bullet ricochets over and over again in Saturn’s hitboxes. Joltz video! I think it would be a little crazy to try this in the peak though.

1 Like

tried that before in arid nexus, did not work for me.

To OP if you want to face tank double saturn, a corrosive hail will do just fine.

1 Like

Remember this isn’t end-game for him. It’s OP6 or 7. So it’s impractical to get a Hail - which is why I recommended the Hornet. Easiest farm in the game and extremely powerful - especially with Extyn…Axsyn…AEXTYN!

It saddens me how few people will get that joke

1 Like

I’ll get it eventually, but I might need an axtension…

:tophat: :door:

2 Likes

Hint : bew posted a vid on the forum this morning.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the one with the impressive Siren build - pretty sure that qualifies as the most complete siren build ever.

1 Like

I am Acrilyc Juma’s number 1 fan. lol

2 Likes