Hey everyone, this is my first post, so I do apologize if I have not posted this topic in the category that would reflect it the most, but I’m just really eager to share a challenge that I’m taking on for the game. The “Kaizo” challenge, for those that don’t know, is a challenge or a mod that someone makes, which makes game insanely hard to beat with a ruleset that someone has. It is most known for the Mario Rom Hack, which is called “Kaizo Mario.” Given that this is currently experimental, I don’t have a complete ruleset yet, so here’s what I’ve currently come up with. Keep in mind that I might modify and/or add/remove any rules I have for the challenge.
- No Selling Any Items to the vendors. You can only buy items from them.
- No looting from any chests, safes, lockers, e.t.c. Only loot from enemies and piles (skag piles and any other piles).
- No intentionally refarming enemies until fighting crawmerax in P2, play as if it’s a normal playthrough.
- You can only use each vendor once. You can stock up on as much items as you want to, and you can recheck the vendors. Just don’t exit and reenter the game to manipulate the RNG of the vendors. Vendor count activates when you shoot your first enemy after use.
- No going into any DLC until after a playthrough is completed (completing the main story).
- No Minimap and no compass
- 1 life challenge (good luck with this)
- No hold button to Equip Item
- Turning in all quests at once that match the main story mission you’re doing. Example (By The Seeds of your pants, TK’s Life and Limb, Echo Locator, and Bonehead quest).
- Avoid looting from as much skag piles or any other piles as much as possible.
For anyone interested, I’m going to be live-streaming as much of the gameplay as possible on twitch.tv/laborism
I’ve done a test run through this challenge and got to level 13 before dying to the Roid Rage Pyscho.