Extra/Hidden Dialogues

I was doing some PvE with @Phoenix-2613 & @Ashbweh the other day and I ended up getting quite surprised. Ash had to go AFK for a bit and ended up getting kicked mid-game. Naturally, me and Phoenix waited to proceed with the mission until he got back. And while waiting, we heard this;

How many pieces of extra/hidden dialogue are there like this in the various missions like this one? I had 50+ completions on The Experiment before this and have never heard it nor ever having anyone mentioning it to me.

10 Likes

Pretty sure I’ve heard that. I think it may be a timer thing?

1 Like

|| SECTION: 15_ToComms_1C

Deande [10]: Committed to their quest for knowledge, even now, on the verge of the end… how very “Eldrid” of them.

Mellka [20]: They’ve been at it for hundreds of thousands of years – maybe more. Why stop now?

Deande [30]: Well, we ARE on the verge of the end, as I mentioned.

Boldur [40]: Agggh! Mortal peril cannot stand in the way of Eldrid science!

:slight_smile:

edit: They probably intended for it to be played on your way over to the next objective, but the timers not short enough for most to activate it.

2 Likes

SirWalrus, always so late to hear dialogue.
What else have you not heard before >.>
Makes me wonder…
We can go on a PvE hunt for more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if it had anything to do with me playing Deande at the time, maybe it triggered some unique dialogue. IDK. :confused:

I miss most to be honest :sweat_smile:

I’d like that!

I was thinking along the same lines as @VaultHunter101, that it’s timed. And as @NatsumeRyu pointed out, it could potentially be because the timers are off mark. I suppose for Deande though it’s tricky considering she’s one of the main characters in the main story.

For some reason I didn’t save the clip, but I had another dialogue moment recently that I never knew was in place. If I recall it correctly it was Toby having a line or two on the Saboteur :thinking:

Edit;

"|| SECTION: 06_UploadComplete_1E

Toby [10]: Upload complete! You okay in there, Nova?

Nova [20]: I’m better than okay, Toby. I am free.

Deande [30]: Now that Nova’s in the network, we’re ready to initiate the meltdown. Get moving to the reactor core."

This maybe…?

Edit 2;

I really should read everything first.

That said: I need to go through the Saboteur as Toby and Reyna now! :grin:

Don’t forget that you can get different dialogue at the same point in the story at certain locations, based on a random roll. EG the dialogue you get with Wolf on the way to the temple entrance.

Oh no, that example is actually one of the few ones that I know by heart changes. I have a hard time remembering sifferent dialogues in other missions though such as The Renegade and The Sentinel.

1 Like