Facepuncher MNTIS/Clone Zane vs Maliwan Takedown | Mayhem 11 | Spy Com

My second run of the Maliwan Takedown using the new Spy class mod on Facepuncher Zane with Clone and MNTIS at Mayhem 11

Build

1 Like

I likes! :partying_face:
Also, it’s motivated me to try to put together a TMT version of your run.

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate that :slight_smile:

Here is what I came up with. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I have questions :slight_smile:

What is the ZE for? Does it’s special effect apply if it is in loadout, even if it is not used?

Does Synchronicity apply with the MNTIS even though it’s not a persisting action skill?

Is the ASE splash anoint preferable over a weapon damage anoint such as ch1 or asa200?

Why take Seein’ Red if you use Seein’ Dead? Is it for the kill skill bonus?

I think I have most of the gear except the splash anointed FP so am gonna give this a go :slight_smile: Do you have all your Guardian Perks turned on?

Great video.

Based on how the facepuncher works, CH or 200asa only applies to the weapons card damage; whereas; splash affects WE stickies; 300/90 @ melee + stickies; 50/150 urad, and terror cryo affects everything

2 Likes

I was under the impressions that the WE sticky damage was based off the weapon damage, so more weapon damage meant higher sticky damage. Is this not the case? Gonna have to start hunting for a FP with that anoint, it is just about the only one I don’t have atm.

Its based off the damage of the strike; so it’s basically affected by melee, splash/aoe, critical hit%, and elemental damage
i have almost the same setup on moze and it destroys - although i personally didnt know splash was a possible anointment

1 Like

as the FP doesn’t do splash itself, then surely that wouldn’t effect the WE? Or is the corrosive stone damage considered splash?

The stickies that the white elephant proc through melee / FP deal splash when they explode; they’re also the only reason we can get criticals with FP aside from fl4k with megavore

Yes, I know that. That is why I have splash passives. My question is regarding how their damage is calculated. If splash damage affects their damage then it can’t be coming from the facepuncher as that weapon doesn’t deal splash itself. I’m guessing that in studdugies video, it is the corrosive elemental damage from the stone and the ase elemental anoint on the grenade that is boosting their damage.

I’m gonna try his build out with a 300/90 as that is one of the anoints I have.

Here’s my go at TMT using the Spy com and (mostly) @studdugie’s build. I changed a couple of points around.

Build

2 Likes

To me the ZE is one of the best guns in the game because of its ability to turn almost any other gun into an OP monster with its special effect. And given that I didn’t test the build before making the video I brought it along as a just in case the build needed more damage for true takedown mode.

It applies for only about a second.

Yes.

Yes.

It doesn’t really exist. The one I have was sent to me by a friend. I’ve updated the video and build to use a 100% weapon dmg ASE anointment. It’s still effective.

Thank you.

The following is a little outdated but may still provide the answer to how FP damage is calculated.

1 Like

Gun dmg and melee dmg increase the shot of the FP which is dealt as melee.
This melee dmg is multiplied by 2 by the WE sticky which is dealt as splash. Hence, splash does increase the sticky explosion.
Or did I get your question wrong?

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that the splash damage value from the initial shot was used in the formula to calculate the we damage value. Yes we damage is splash, but that is post calculation.

That’s correct.
The first calc is the dmg of the FP which is then doubled and applied as splash.
So splash/AOE bonuses do not help the FP but the WE stickies. But since the FP dmg is doubled by the WE which can also crit (as splash) these splash bonuses do put in work.

2 Likes

From my experience (I played a lot with FP builds) if there are more than one enemy not too far
from each other, Element stone Static charge is better than White elephant in terms of DPS, especially if you’re using Seein dead, cause chains from Static charge will proc it pretty often, so you’ll get higher Commitment stacks

For example, GTD TTM

and even vs bosses

1 Like

I’m using the spy com. Currently don’t have any stone static charges. I’ll keep my eyes out for one and give it a go.

1 Like

What are you using for FFYL?

FP can also crit with ASE elements from grenade and shield

3 Likes