Falling of the Map shouldn't instantly kill you

Simple as that. Take a lot of HP either like 50% of the Remaining or 10% of Max HP, but I don’t want to lose another Hardcore mode Match due to this.

1 Like

and how are you supposed to get back to the top of the map after falling? this seems like a very obvious answer but implementing this would be a waste of time

1 Like

The bosses already do it. And they don’t even take damage from it. Grumble Grumble.

4 Likes

Would certainly make Helios boss fights a lot easier

1 Like

Heliophage is the only place this is a problem though. It’s absurd how much you get knocked off during that fight

4 Likes

I agree with this. Should just teleport you back with a health hit

Honestly this is really only an issue on Heliophage, so I think it would be better to just modify the layout of that specific map so it has a safety net on the inner parts. Just make it a shock or lava floor to punish players without killing them. Like the room with lava in the Saboteur, so you can still jump back up to the fight.

Also, please make the launch pads more consistent. Especially when I’m playing with others, I get a lot of times where someone gets pushed off because they didn’t get launched correctly and end getting thrown into the abyss.

2 Likes

nope…Sabo, Archive and Experiment have massive knockback.
I have witnesses tonight of even getting knocked thru the wall on Sabo to the outside world and death.

1 Like

I agree. Falling off the map should kill you very very slowly.

2 Likes

I sense sarcasm

1 Like

The thing that bugs me most about is, it wasn’t even the knockback of Attacks that pushed me. Just enemies that push me with their Hitboxes.

Hylis in Renegade walked into me and hello Abyss.

Algorithm, I try to get to the left Sniper tower via jump pad, get stuck above a ronin, then pushed back and fall right into a small gap.

Sentinel, one f*cking long struggle as Boldur on a solo run, and then I need to destroy the Shards. I could have gotten away, but he had Minion guards that jumped on the platform ( the jump that is not also an attack) and pushed me, yet again with their Hitboxes.

If it were Attacks I would be a lot less annoyed… yeah, Heliophage final fight would be like half that bad if the Abyss wouldn’t mean insta Death, but my main issue is it happened to frequently that they decide to just push me.

Believe me, playing the Sentinel as Boldur is no fun, but I took him so I would survive. And I guess I would have without that stupid passive push.

3 Likes

Positioning - important skill to learn. Both for PVE and even more for PVP…

1 Like

This is true, In the Heliophage last fight I basically just go to the Bliss looking part with the two levels and make a stand there, all the bosses will go to you, and its also good to have territorial characters and snipers when doing that mission, makes things go a lot smoother.

Honestly, Benedict makes that fight a breeze

It doesn’t… if you have GLORIOUS FLIGHT CAPABLE WINGS!!!
Then you just stare straight down into the abyss and laugh your ass off as it stares back at you, all pissed off cuz’ you won’t go to it’s little slumber party.
I’m sorry abyss! I’ve just got too much to DO!!!

2 Likes

Too bad I suck with Benedict. I Almost never hit something. That means it would probably be over before I get to kill Rendain.

Funny, and here i thought all you could do was glide since your wing got broken. You know… just delay the inevitable and prolong your pathetic and meaningless life for a few extra seconds, while the abyss engulfs you like the fire you’ll soon feel in turbo hell (assuming, of course, that Orendi is right about turbo heaven).

1 Like

I can still get some extra height out of these babies! DON’T TELL ME WHAT I CAN’T DO!!! I will use these wings to fly my glorious ass up to Turbo Heaven, where I’ll high five the Great Eagle. And have a DANCE PARTY!!! AND YOU’RE NOT INVITED!!!

2 Likes

Oh, i couldn’t even if i wanted to (and i don’t, trust me), because there is absolutely no way that i’m NOT going to hell; not after the things i’ve done… Torture. CANNIBALISM. No, there simply aren’t enough hobos (thanks a LOT, Marquis…) that i can give my change to that will make up for that. So you can cram your anti-invitation wherever your species traditionally crams things!

Wait… What if my hell is having to go to that turbo heaven party! AHH!!

3 Likes

I was just showing someone how knockback works on Helio.
As Pendles, cloaked, Gunhulk was in the center…
As you may or may not know Gunhulk and Rendain will knock you back even if you are cloaked.

The person I was showing this to doesn’t have the game and now they don’t plan on getting it.
That was not my intention but the point I’m making is…

Knockback is one of the things hurting this games reputation.