Family Jewel bug - impassible door issue - resolved

I’m at the section of family jewel where you fight in the cargo bay and then BALEX is supposed to open a door allowing you to process towards security. The door didn’t open and I assumed I’d missed some dialog telling me what to do and went off to do a side quest and come back to it. When I returned the door to the Bay with the fight was closed and will not open. I only know the door above to security was supposed to open earlier when it didn’t because I watched a gameplay video to make sure I hadn’t missed an obvious button or something.

As it stands I can’t continue the game because I’m literally locked out of the area. Is there a way to fix this?

Please see attached photo of where I am stuck in the map

and where the progress point now is.

1 Like

most of the time, saving and quitting solves the problem.

1 Like

Thanks! Saving and quitting didn’t. Porting to sanctuary didn’t. But going to another zone on the planet then going to the area via the area portal and not fast track reset it enough that it’s working now!

I think BALEX was stuck in a wall and so wasn’t triggering things.

1 Like

lot’s of bugs in this game. lol

3 Likes

Lol. Yup. I’m glad most of what I’ve got so far is tiny or kind of hilarious. A few of my PC friends have had game breaking stuff all over the place though. I hope they keep fixing those and get the PC version more consistently stable soon.

3 Likes

This happened to me too. Seems as if they did not focus enough on the AI in the game.

The UI in offline co-op is game breaking too. It’s almost unplayable in split screen because of the lag if one player hits select on their controller.

(Xbox One player)

1 Like