Fast travel stations lost from split screening

Little brother decided to start a new character and replay the campaign after both of us just beating it. I’m lvl 47 FL4CK and joined in with him on his journey. All was glorious until he decided to get off and grab a slice of pizza and go for a poop. My hand was then forced into playing solo all alono… I hit continue and ended up at that crossings place. Went to go fast travel and now have no fast travel points to fast travel to. It displays the map, but with no FTL. The game allowed me to go back to sanctuary and drop pod into certain areas on pandora, but that was it. I’m stuck - this is f**ked… just a lil aggravatting. At the point where I’m not even touching the game just myself until I know the issue is resolved.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue currently, My friend came over and we decided to play split screen, he left and I decided to continue playing by myself. I logged onto my profile and now certain planets won’t show up in my fast travel menu. Have you found a solution yet?

@Nickstler47 I just found a solution to the issue. You have to go to the front of the ship and fly to the planet your trying to get on and use the drop pod. To get the fast travel points to show up again you have to go to the the area the point is in by walking to in on the map and using the teleport point. It’s an extremely frustrating long process but it works.

2 Likes

This just happened to me after playing briefly in split screen. I had finished the campaign and unlocked every travel point, now all of them other than the first one in Covenant Pass is gone. The planets are still available for travel via drop pod, but I think I’ll pass on manually reconstructing every travel point in the game in the hope that I’ll be able to retain them this time.

2 Likes

I’ve researched ways on how to fix this issue and yes, it seems the only way to fix the problem is by revisiting the fast travel stations on every planet and location. Some people have been able to fix the problem by simply restarting the game or hard resetting their xbox. I’m not so lucky. Be nice if they came out with a patch for people having this issue. Very frustrating when you’ve completed the game and want to farm endgame gear from bosses. You have to take the extra time going from drop pod to map extension. Just very tedious and unnecessary considering the games strong point is its cooperative gameplay. Shouldn’t have to worry about progression being lost whether that be fts being lost or actual mission progression.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Even happened on a character I didn’t even load to play in coop that day. I had to join online matchmaking to get my planets back, but the fast travel stations were gone.

1 Like

Same thing here too! Planets missing from echo galaxy and having to drop pod to get them back… and loss of all Fast Travel/New You stations too. Walking around and finding them again does activate them but whenever you log back in planets and FT/NY are all gone again… Nice fix Glitchbox.

This has happend to us on multiple occasions. My son losing Eden-6 fastpoints (his current quest progression had him on Eden-6 and the quest progression was not lost just the fast travel points) after dropping into my game to help kill Traunt on Promethea. The same thing happened to me where I lost the Athena fast travel points (the furthest planet I had visited at the time) but no quest progress after dropping into my other sons game to help him kill Gigamind on Promethea. Basically it appears that dropping in and out of a split screen coop game resets your planet progress (for fast travel purposes) to the furthest planet the character you dropped in on was at.

As with the other posts, going to Sanctuary’s bridge, pointing the ship at the planet with the missing fast travel points and then using the drop pod in the cargo bay got me back to the planets but I still had to travel to the fast travel point to have it re-activated in my fast travel locations list.

This issues still has yet to be resolved and is quite the inconvenience. I really enjoy tge borderlands series but multiple bugs starting to get annoying

1 Like

I’m glad I found this thread. I thought I was losing it. Thank goodness I’m playing all 4 characters 2 or 3 chapter at a time. Thank everyone for finding a workaround.

1 Like

This crap just happened to me thought I was going crazy at first, having got 3 other characters to level 50 on separate xbox accounts so I could farm for legendaries on lower level characters this bug is extremely bloody annoying and I do not intend to revisit every location again just to get the fast travel locations working again sod that please fix this ■■■■ gearbox. The only way I can reach the levels again is to play split screen HORRIBLE Horizontal split screen! but once I leave the game it just stays bugged add to that the fact that I have had to play offline to get rid of the dam annoying skulls from the stupid halloween event and I’m just about ready to say sod this and stop playing altogether until they fix all this really frustrating and annoying come on gearbox I love your games but this is really taking all the fun out playing.

Same. PS4. Joined split screen game with my much lower level friend on Athenas.

Played solo, later, and ALL fast travel points that my solo character had acquired, beyond Athenas, were gone. Forever (tried restarting).

Opened support ticket. Reply from support is to drop pod to every planet, then land travel to each fast travel point, on every map of the planets, to resynch them.
Sigh…