Fatal error crash on PC, cant get borderlands 2 to work

Bought borderlands 2 in the sale, and I keep getting the fatal error crash after clicking play from the launcher. Screen goes black, then I get this:

Ive tried verifying game files, and have deleted the files in ‘my games’ and deleted and redownloaded the game 3 times, also tried reinstalling all the redist stuff and nothing works.

Im running win 10, and have the game installed on a separate hard drive.

Anyone know of a fix? Ive never had this with any steam game before, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Moved you to the right spot and fixed your link so the system doesn’t think it’s spam (!)

Hopefully, one of the PC regulars here can shed some light. Meanwhile, since you mention that the game is installed on a separate hard drive, make sure that the the full paths in the launcher are in fact going to the right place - there have been issues where either the drive letter was wrong (defaulted to C:) or Windows had decided to ‘help’ by silently remapping certain files to OneDrive…

2 Likes

I did notice that some errors were from E:) and some from C:).

Try to disable the launcher first and report back. I snipped this from another site :

To disable the Borderlands 2 launcher, set the following launch option within Steam:

-NoLauncher

To change launch options with Steam, do the following;

• Right-click on ‘Borderlands 2’ under the game Library in Steam and select Properties
  • Under the General tab click the ‘Set launch options…’ button
  • Enter the launch options as per above and click OK
  • Close the Borderlands 2’s ‘Properties’ window and launch the game

This will disable the ‘Play/Setup’ screen upon launching Borderlands 2 from within Steam.

2 Likes

Thank you, this worked!

3 Likes