Favorite Moments from Borderlands! And some words of encouragement!

Was trying to send this directly to Gearbox through their contact them page, but it wasn’t working.

So thought I’d post it here, if that’s ok! Maybe we can make this a favorite gaming moments/memories of Borderlands topic too!

Hey guys, hey Randy. I hope you get to read this at some point.

Just a massive Borderlands fan here! Saw your PAX panel and I am super excited for the Borderlands remasters, and of course Borderlands 3! They all look phenomenal!! Borderlands 3’s new locations, new characters, new vehicles, and… Holy CRAP, a gun with legs! Insanely awesome!

Just wanted to give you guys some words of encouragement though, in this wasteland of negativity the internet has become. While there were some technical difficulties with the trailers during your presentation, some of these gaming news sites and articles coming out about how it was disappointing or lackluster are, well, just plain wrong. There hasn’t been one comment on any article I’ve read from a fan saying they were disappointed or not extremely excited for Borderlands 3 after watching the trailer. An article from one site in particular(coughPolygon, or more like Poly-justseriouslyshutdownyoursiteandnevereverwriteaboutgamingeveragain-goncough), seems like they are just scrounging for relevance with their article about your presentation. So pay no mind to them or any other site’s(looking at you too, Gamespot) writings of discouragement. They don’t speak for the fans. They speak only for themselves.

I think I am correct in saying that your fans, your true fans, are genuinely super stoked for what we’ve seen from the reveal trailer! I think I can relate to and understand the feelings Randy must have had on that stage. When you are trying to show off something you have proudly built or created, something your team have worked tirelessly on and are very proud of, only to have it glitch or not work properly! I think I would be a little upset or frustrated as well! You desperately want everything to be perfect and run smoothly! Especially when it’s a game you have worked on for many years now!

Don’t be discouraged! I have read a comment from a Jeremy Eames, on an article on Gamesradar about some of the troubles from PAX. He said, “I was in the audience for this panel and I didn’t feel any of the frustrations this article implies. It was awesome. A technical glitch or two are to be expected. The magic was fun. But haters are gonna hate, I guess.” So there ya go. Gamespot, Gamesradar, Polygon…Fake News!!

But basically, I just wanted to say that I have read through hundreds of comments the last few days. Fans are definitely incredibly excited, and glad that it looks like Borderlands 3 is going to be above and beyond everything we are hoping it would be!

So thank you guys for all your hard work on creating the Borderlands games! I have had some of the best gaming moments and memories playing through each game. And I know 3 is going to be a blast as well, that’s for damn sure! I just wish I had a Delorean. You know, so I could hit 88mph and travel to the future to start playing it sooner!!

One of my favorite memories playing Borderlands was with the first one. The very first time I jumped over Piss Wash Gully in a runner, and Scooter came over the radio saying, “Ah hell, did you just leap over Piss Wash Gully in one of my runners? Man! Dude, tell me when you’re going to do that crap! That was awesome!” I thought, yeah, this is definitely my favorite new game!

15 Likes

Jumping off the buzzard tower in sawtooth, never so happy to have a video game character proud of me.:smiley:

9 Likes

My favorite was in te pre sequel when the i heard “ERRADICATE” and i was like “wait is that?.. it cannot be” and I was so happy because in the game has a reference of my favorite series, and I did the whole mission laughing, maaaaam that was a good mission

3 Likes

This

That is the first raid boss kill i did with Bar off. After that kill i feel invincible and know that I can kill all of the raid boss with all characters, which i did.

After this kill, i did not go back to how i kill raids before. No more hiding on the rock with Terramorphous, No more Pete getting trap in the Ledge, No more gate crushing Master gee, no more under the map Voracidous kill.

:wink::wink::facepunch:

6 Likes

Judge me guilty on all counts, but I couldn’t leave out off-hand abuses and Sham-Shenanigans.
:zipper_mouth_face:

About the topic ----> @GuitarJozz, I seriously connect with this message, thank you. I believe that THIS right here is of the same energy. I’m sure when you wrote this post, the overall constituency here was positive and respectful. However, now we are 3 weeks post-launch and it has become unpleasent when individuals come to this space with the intention of doing nothing more than relieving themselves of bile. Treating this community like a toilet, while most of the frequent posting community members will willingly and graciously give you the the most valuable content here, points to obscene cognitive dissonance.

Meanwhile, @gearbox is still busy grinding away, slowly but surely perfecting the new installment, and they will be for a long while. Borderlands 2, just this summer, received it’s final tweaks in the way of DLC, nearly 7 years after it’s launch date and it was the final elements of a masterpiece.

When I think of all of the hours I’ve willfully and regretlessly (<-----not a word) devoted to playing Borderlands 2, then try to convert the price I paid for said hours into a per hour rate of monetary fiat currency, it’d be a unit so infinitesimally small that I could easily argue that playing Borderlands 2 is, by far, the cheapest entertainment experience that I value.

So when I consider the above 3 paragraphs like an additive equation:

The Community
+
Borderlands 3 can only get exponentially better
+
Positive cost/value ratio of the franchise.

=

10/10 :fire: :fire: WORTH IT !!! :fire: :fire: 10/10

On the topic----> it’s hard to define any specific moment, but my favorite times on a top 10 list would include:

1. GETTING MY 1ST LEGENDARY
  2. PLAYING COOP FOR THE 1ST TIME
  3. 1ST TIME KILLING THE DESTROYER/WARRIOR
  4. OVERCOMING THE WOES OF TVHM THEN UVHM
  5. KILLING TERRAMORPHOUS FOR THE 1ST TIME
  6. GETTING MY 1ST PEARL
  7. GETTING ALL CHARACTERS TO LEVEL CAP
  8. THE SESSION I DISCOVERED FARMING
  9. GETTING THE GotY EDITION & ALL DLCS AT ONCE
  10. MY 1ST TIME PLAYING THE 1ST BORDERLANDS
    (Seriously… that first few minutes in Fyrestone was one of the most novel video game experiences I’d had before and since)

While all of these were valuable experiences in their own right, the thing that really set the hook for me and kept me playing for seven years, was the completeness and wholeness of Borderlands 2. All of the DLC, big and small, is what made Borderlands 2 an insanely rich and immersive world that is fun and fulfilling to play in. To truly experience the game fully you would have to play for another 20 many, many years because we have been provided with what seems like an infinite amount of potential and possibility. Players are still discovering new builds and loadouts and I have no doubt they will continue to do so. Heck, even I still open a chest or kill a boss or blow up a skag pile and find the final peice of a character build I’d been theorycrafting for years. And this is coming from a player who still only owns an XBOX360 still playing the GotY Edition. But Gearbox can count on the fact that I’m getting the Handsome collection and the latest DLC relatively soon, as well as Borderlands 3, because of the insane value of these games. So to sum it up, my favorite moment would have to be when I finally reached level 50 with my first character(Zerker) in Borderlands 2, and realized the game had only just begun.

3 Likes

My favorite is Killing myself with Krieg by hitting my head with the buzz saw than killing everything around me. Or running around on the moon with Timmy and Playing as Lil on borderlands 1

2 Likes

Also Bunkers and Badasses

2 Likes

The humour.

Handsome Jack as antagonist.

Tiny Tina - worlds deadliest 13 (now 19 yr old)…especially in Bunkers and Baddasses, also Torgues interjections

So far, missing the TT appreciation in BL3

4 Likes

“I AM AN INTROVERT!”

also Ice T as Balex

2 Likes

Not trying to be a downer, but i remember that moment with scooter as well in the first game, and Borderlands 3 didn’t have nearly all the character magic the first 2 games had.

And I’m not just whining about scooter not being present in BL3.
Claptrap, Lilith, Rhys, Vaughn, all the OGs present in Borderlands 3 just seemed a little more stale… or something. Like I have tons of favorite Borderlands moments, but you’d have to get past the top 10 to get one from BL3

In my opinion.

That said I’ve played nothing but borderlands 3 since release and I am hopelessly addicted.

Edit: I cant believe i even slightly implied Tina was any less perfect in BL3, she is my boo like always and foreva

3 Likes

I agree.

BL3 has massive shoes to fill in terms of characters.

On a 2nd playthrough I see snippets of personality in the characters like Tyrene.

I think the inclusion of Vaughn was a poor decision. He was ok in Tales of Borderland, but a bit annoying. Then I was confused as hell when he turned up in Commander Lilith dlc…and to see the level of engagement in BL3 i found disappointing.

There are far more interesting characters to have. Tannis, Torgue Moxxi, Salvador/Axton (where are they?). Personally I’m holding out for more Tina - who so far has been so small in BL3 (she is probably my favourite bl2 char)

It’s early days for content, but I hope they have some better char interactions.

and lets not forget so far the greatest travesty.

where the F is Steve?

4 Likes

. :sob:

3 Likes

Fully agree, Vaughn got a lot more annoying in BL3. Now that he has confidence and stuff he comes off like a bit of a douche. Like in TFTBL i would never have considered killing Vaughn, but in BL3 it has been considered, and attempted.

And OMG Steve! How could I forget?! He was in one of the trailers for the game with Vaughn i think.
Okay I can forgive a lot from Gearbox if they bring Steve back in a DLC or something.

Oh and yes.
This game definitely lacks sufficient Tina. I barely got 20% of the Tina I needed to feel satisfied with this game.

2 Likes

I’m holding out for some Steve and Tina DLC.

Bunkers and Badasses was one of the best, not only because it featured Tina, but the whole take on D&D in a BL setting was genius.

2 Likes

For me my favorite moments are the true friendships I formed with guys and girls I talk with on the regular,as young as 70 and as younger as late 20’s. The highlights for me are the very first time we load up the game,preorder night,since after we met on the 1st,all on phone chat cause too many to play at once. This fn franchise,I love it!!

3 Likes

My fave moment was playing borderlands 2 this game made me happy every time I played. Never got boring and always something to do that was well fun. This game however bl3 bores me and I don’t realy have menny fave moments towards the end of the game. Ime not trying to be sour or bitter but come on. The hype train was prob more exciting and you wonder why. Oh yer cos development componys like gearbox spent more money on marketing then developing the game.and that creates a boring as ■■■■ title.

1 Like

Favorite moments are really difficult. I’ve got more than 10,000 hours across the 3 main games (and about 250 in TPS) and so much good stuff.
Lets see if I can do something;
BL1 - I like the gauntlet you run before getting to MINAC in the Robot Revolution DLC. Re-battling Knoxx, Ned, and Steele is a fun challenge (and much better then the MINAC fight).
BL2 - I really like the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve as a map. Well layed out, a very good selection of enemies. And of course getting your butt kicked by rabies in UVHM is always fun…
BL3- Not deciding yet.

As for Vaughn, I’m also in the “how much of this guy do we need” camp. Not much depth to the character, but he keeps popping up at critical times and his contribution seems limited. But doesn’t really take away from the game.
–RoA

2 Likes

Yea I miss Steve.

3 Likes

Hey , Hey, Hey,Heyoooo

source-1

2 Likes