Favorite Music: Genre, Artist, Album, Song, Etc

I was wondering what your guys’ favorite music is, my favorite Artist is Night Lovell, my favorite album is Amen by Rich Brian, and my favorite Song is Dark Light by Night Lovell

4 Likes

My favorite artists are Adele, Meghan Trainor, Rush, UndreamedPanic, Scraton, Daft Punk, Weird Al, Little Mix, BLACKPINK just to name a few.

My favorite album is 21 by Adele.

and my favorite song is Up Up and Away by Blush.

3 Likes

so you don’t like rap I guess then lol

I like Daft Punk too, just not a big fan of pop music which is what you seem to enjoy…

3 Likes

Pop? I like P!nk.
Rap? Dilated Peoples, Hieroglyphics, Cypress Hill, Wu Tang, Pharaoh Monche, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli.
Punk? Social Distortion, Rancid, NOFX, Operation Ivy, The Sex Pistols, the Ramones, Lucero.
Metal? Anthrax, Metallica, In Flames, Megadeth, Motörhead, Corrosion of Conformity, Ill Niño.
Electronic? The Dust Brothers, the Crystal Method, Filter, Ministry (maybe they belong in metal?).
The potpourri category? Debussey, Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Rush, The Book of Mormon soundtrack… I could go on, but I won’t. But I could. :smirk:
I guess it would be safe to say that “favorite” is something I redefine daily, so this list could potentially be close to infinite.

5 Likes

I mostly like a variety of different genres.

It usually depends on what mood I’m in or what I’m doing.

2 Likes

I recall Carlos Santana describing sound in colours. “Needs more purple” he’d say to his bassist for example.

I’ll listen to any music that has a lot of colour. I abandoned the idea of genre a long time ago as it puts your expectations into a tiny little box.

As long as a human created a set of tones with whatever they deemed appropriate in a way that’s creative, I’ll probably like it.

3 Likes

Just a couple off the top of my head…ziggy stardust /DB…aenima/ tool…planet of Ice/ minus the bear/ songs for the deaf (all of them really) qotsa…blowback/ tricky…

3 Likes

… As long as it’s in tune I’m good. :wink:
I like meticulously crafted music but I can listen to any genre. Like the old pop ABBA. That was well crafted catchy (and yes cheesy) music. But no. Pop is not “my thing”
My favorite composer is Ludwig Van Beethoven Ze master. :stuck_out_tongue: and the piano my favorite instrument.
… After the voice.:relaxed:
imho Beethoven’s piano sonata #14 in C sharp minor. op.27 The “moonlight sonata” (especially the 1st mvmnt) is mankind greatest creation. But that’s just me.
But no, I cant say classical music is “da thing” either. I don’t like classifications anyways.
There is one genre that I do have to admit I put “up there”
Progressive rock. I don’t listen to my “teenage years bands” that much anymore but every time I stumble on or put one of these old classics. Always the same reaction. Gawd this is good!
I couldn’t live without the “Chansons Française”. (French song). Kinda like folk music. Look simple at first glance but the lyrics/signing are the most important part. Carefully well written lyrics.

3 Likes

Uhhhhh that’s a tough question with how varied my tastes are. xD I can usually find something to like in just about any genre, and my music library is huge. But I can give a massive generalization.

For genre, the ones I listen to and enjoy most overall are probably swing/jazz/vocal harmony sort of stuff, a la The Andrews Sisters or Glenn Miller, symphonic metal, what I call electrogoth because I honestly don’t pay attention to official genres a lot, and classical crossover.

For artists, hm…probably, if I had to pick favorites: One-Eyed Doll and Kimberly Freeman, because of how much of an impact they’ve had on me, Ali Project, The Puppini Sisters, Bill Haley, Miss Li, L’Ame Immortelle, BlutEngel, Poppy, Sarah Brightman, Emma Shapplin, Tarja, Nightwish, Leaves’ Eyes, and Liv Kristine. I love them all for so many different reasons that I can’t narrow it down. TT0TT

Favorite whole albums…excluding soundtracks for games/musicals and film scores, probably Witches by One-Eyed Doll because it’s so damn gorgeous and makes me cry every time, Symphonies of the Night by Leaves’ Eyes, Once by Nightwish, Macadam Flower by Emma Shapplin, Am I A Girl? by Poppy, Fly by Sarah Brightman, and Nine Destinies and a Downfall by Sirenia.

For songs, well…good lord, that’s such a hard one. For sheer emotional significance, it’s Dance While I’m Drowning by Kimberly Freeman, without a doubt since it’s big enough I have a tattoo for it. But for general love, Hey Alice by Rachel Rose Mitchell, Deadly Nightshade by Blackbriar, Symphony of the Night by Leaves’ Eyes, Vengeful Spirit by Cradle of Filth and Liv Kristine, Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars, I Didn’t Know The Gun Was Loaded by The Andrews Sisters, and Murder in Maryland Park by Sarah Brightman.

Sorry for the rambly post. I have a hard time narrowing any of it down. TT~TT

4 Likes