[FEEDBACK] Getting weapons in the mail is pretty cool

Just wanted to express this directly.

I enjoy the getting weapons in the mail from manufacturers mechanic in BL3.

While I certainly don’t use all of them, I’ve gotten some interesting things. And the little sense of satisfaction from being rewarded for being a loyal customer of a company is a nice touch.
–RoA

6 Likes

Agree: they’re fantastic when leveling up (for use or for cash for SDUs), and completely ignorable if I didn’t care for them. The notification icon isn’t overbearing either.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Love reading the descriptions, love that the weapons are leveled to your character, love that you can redeem them with your other characters. Wish there was a chance of legendaries (haven’t seen any, so assume they don’t spawn, but if they do, that’s awesome), or anointed weapons, but it’s a small grumble and such a great mechanic.
Wonder if they could do something similar with the grenades and/or shields, in future. Not sure how it would work though.

1 Like

The ‘FWD FWD FWD FWD’ on the Tediore ones is pretty funny. :smile:

3 Likes

They can come anointed, but it’s rare. Out of all the weapons I’ve seen mailed, only 5 have come anointed.

1 Like

I think only one or two are legendary, capstone rewards for certain crew challenges. I would also like some other items too. When’s Anshin going to get into the fray? I wonder what type of guns and grenades they would make. …

1 Like

Excellent thought. Since they’re so good at health and defense, I can imagine a hugely powerful health-steal SMG from Anshin, for example.
–RoA

1 Like

Anshin is Moxxi’s pseudonym, DBA Anshin out of her garage.

(I’m kidding, but wouldn’t be surprised if this was a thing.) In BL2, Moxxi’s/Anshin’s stuff shared a focus on healing.

1 Like

That would be pretty cool, I always enjoy more Moxxie stories.

I was thinking an Anshin-based storyline would involve Zer0 in some way. If we assume Zer0 is based on an ancient Japanese warrior archtype, then it would fit with Anshin, given their logo.

Then there’s also Pangolin. Maybe we’ll see them in BL4 or 5. I couldn’t even imagine the events that would lead those two shield manufacturers going to war.

1 Like

I imagine they’d try to stay neutral in a war, or join with one of the other manufacturers.

Pangolin are about big shields and defense, so I suppose if they made guns they’d absorb damage and buff the weapon, or something.

Maybe big guns with massive plates on them that offer armor, but with slower movement.

1 Like