Feelings about broken hearts 2021?

Given bloody harvest didn’t add anything new (or even fix bugs) from last year, and nothing new has been announced, I think it’s safe to assume this Valentine event will be the same too (assuming they do anything this year).
So, how do people feel about it? Excited or uninterested?
And anything you’re hoping they’ve done?

Personally, I wasn’t fussed but thought it’d be fun to play again. Now it’s coming up, I find myself uninterested. The state of the game is so poor I’ve moved on for now, and broken hearts won’t bring me back, though cartels might.

1 Like

I’m excited for it regardless of if it’s the same or not. Just want that lvl 65 wedding invitation😊

4 Likes

I will go for it once again, it was alright.
Cartels was sooooooooo goood. It really didn’t fit the borderlands universe and I really don’t want anything like it (theme wise) but the memories, I had fun with it.

1 Like

It’s probably gonna come and go without me even noticing. Good riddance, limited-time content is stupid. Make it available year round or stop doing it.

4 Likes

BHD should be back next week after AR mini events. I hope they will fix the loot to be able to spawn with new anointments like 300/90 on Wedding Invitation.

9 Likes

The only thing I liked about Broken Hearts was the Wedding Invitation. Not the way you get it, just the gun itself. So like some others have said here, I can’t see myself coming back to the game for that again.

While we’re on the topic of seasonal events, are we expecting any new ones this year? Like one I thought would be pretty cool is spinning “Cinco de Mayo” into “Cinco de Truxico”, but only if they put the same effort they did into Cartels.

2 Likes

Let’s hope it isn’t broken like Bloody Harvest was for some people who couldn’t claim the rewards.

1 Like

As a Steam user, I missed last year’s BHD. So I am considering loading BL3 back up to try it out since it is timed and I don’t want to wait another year. I do not have high hopes for the experience (I felt the Halloween thing was extremely, “meh” and fairly disappointing with only a single mini-gauntlet that looked more like a Halloween party with Maliwan troops in costume than the entrance to the underworld), but I am a completionist at heart so I am willing to give the valentine’s thing a shot.

I am otherwise looking forward to another Loot the Universe coupled with the Cartel event, assuming they pair them up again. That was fun for me.

1 Like

BHD adds nothing as additional content to run in game, there was no new map, new enemies or boss. You just shoot the hearts in base game and I doubt it will be different this year.

4 Likes

Yep. The only thing I want is a 300/90 Wedding Invitation, though it would be nice if the Polyaimourous was improved too.

2 Likes

I mean, I’m looking forward to getting my hands at a max level M10 Wedding Invitation. The rest of the event is honestly whatever for me.

2 Likes

This… Only thing why i would play the game now… But probably going to get one with a DLC anointment :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They’ll need to buff both weapons. Wedding Invitation as it is now needs 2-3 times the damage and the Polyaimorous was never good, so it would need something even greater. Hopefully the hearts will be able to show up in DLC areas this year.

I’ll probably get all the cosmetics for the characters and then save/reload to get a Wedding Invitation/Polyaimorous to my liking.

One thing I hope Gearbox does not forget is that last year the weapons came at level 53 regardless of the level of your character. If they are locked to drop at level cap, that’s fine, but if it gives us all another lv.53 Mayhem 0 weapon then people will not be very pleased.

4 Likes

You can redeem lvl 65M10 even now if you still have it unclaimed.
It was lvl 53 cause it was the level cap then, but with next caps it was set to the level of your character so 53-cap.

4 Likes

Since I already claimed a lot of lv65 wedding invitation I am not very interested… This mini event is the weakest of all since there is no map tied to it

1 Like

While I can’t argue that Broken Hearts Day lacks compared to ROTC a 300/90 and URAD WI have my name on 'em.

1 Like

Let’s hope it will be fixed.

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Unless they seriously buff the wedding invitation, this event will be mostly pointless. We’ll get the same cosmetics, just with different colours. But a lvl65 M10 wedding invite is nothing to write home about as it currently stands.

1 Like