Finally! First Max-Level Toon

nice. first kill is always the hardest, succeeding ones will get easy.

1 Like

If i can figure out how I’ll definitely follow you and chuck upvotes your way like a madman. I’m too bushed to give Terra a try tonight I’ll grind him out after work tomorrow. Much gratitude!!

1 Like

a few more kills and gear upgrade, you will soon kill Pete in under a minute at OP0.

something like this.

1 Like

Niiiice you got a Youtube channel per chance? Be happy to Follow you and spread the word if so!

2 Likes

that is me above.

here is my completed OP0 raids (except dexi and vermi) with all characters.

2 Likes

You can edit using the pencil icon below your post. You’ll find lots of information on formatting, quoting, and more here: NEW FORUM BASICS.

1 Like

Just in case you haven’t figured these out yet…

The Hail’s normal firing pattern is an arc, which give the gun a bit of a learning curve to use well. Once you get used to it tho, it can be VERY powerful in the right hands.

Do not believe the card stats…it’s called the Fibber for a reason.

And welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Part of the problem is the Swift prefix. This increases the arc and trajectory which makes it hard to use. Hate to say it but it’s probably the worst prefix for that gun.

Maya’s Accelerate and Zer0’s Velocity have a similar effect.

I did a guide a while ago. Forewarned it’s unnecessarily long :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

No apologies necessary! I am fond of exhaustive information and compiled research… Thanks for the link and i look forward to perusing more of your content!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve researched the Hail and i attempt to use it when feasible… Mine has an additional arc learning curve due to the “swift” prefix and Maya’s Accelerate skill. I believe the Slag element makes it less viable for difficult content as well but am not certain of it yet, just playing with it for now to acclimate myself to it.

The Fibber is nice, no idea which it is and at OP1 doesn’t seem to matter much.

1 Like

Thanks VH101, I shall attempt to learn to Forum correctly and more attractively should my social anxiety and PTSD permit me to post more often! The link is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Be cautious with those points, they can adversely affect some weapons…the Hail, the Pimpernel, and the Bekah come to mind right now but there are others as well. - EDIT - now that I think about it a bit more, most weapons with a projectile split can be added to the list.

And you can kill with a slag gun if needed.

2 Likes

To be fair, Accelerate doesn’t do much unless it’s above 5/5. I run at 6/5 with a Pimp and while it’s not ideal, it’s definitely not Velocity.

The Pimp is really the acid test : if it works with a Pimp, it’ll work with Harold, Sawbar, Lyuda, etc. The Bekah is very forgiving.

3 Likes

So do I (Leg. Siren, right?). And in a way I’m glad that I got my Bekah late, the point was there when it dropped and to me that’s how the gun handles. If I ever get another one and give to a different character, I may have to re-learn to use it…not that I’ll ever get another one.

The Fibber may be the only split-projectile gun that Acc doesn’t affect…I think. Then again, it may not be in the same category as the others since its split happens after the initial impact.

2 Likes

I’ve never tested it but there’s really nothing to affect : the bullet splits on impact as opposed to after distance/time as other bullet-splitting guns do.

Bekah split with 10/5 in Velocity is about 10 meters. Remember 10/5 Velocity is like 30/5 in Accelerate. I think the latent split is around 3 meters.

2 Likes

I’ll take your word here…Zer0 really isn’t my style and so I know almost nothing about Velocity’s mechanics. I didn’t know that Vel was so much…MORE…than Acc tho, so thanks for that bit.

2 Likes

50/5 Accelerate. Now I kinda want to see what what 50/5 Velocity would look like…

Sorry for the off topic.

1 Like

Didn’t see anyone explain this so I’ll go ahead and butt in.
You could tell the barrel of the fibber by it’s firing pattern or the pattern of the lies on the item card. The correct ricochet barrel will display a massive number for damage, well beyond what a pistol at that level should have. The bullets will also, obviously, ricochet upon hitting something and split into 8 more bullets in a tight circle.
A seemingly okay fibber could easily turn out to be garbage if it has one of the other barrels.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation!! Still not entirely sure which Fibber i have… It might be richochet tho i only see one particle richochet usually

Here:

2 Likes