First character for a new player to BL2

My son, 6, wants to play coop with me. First game he has ever played, though we share a controller up to now…he loves the game and wants to play himself. Whats the best, easiest character for a youngster to play (remembering he has not played any game yet on our Xbox). I thought Axton (and i play a siren)

Wjaqt do you think?

6 Likes

Axton or maya for sure

6 Likes

Yeah. Axton’s pretty straightforward and Maya is a big help for any character your son decides to play (except maybe Zer0, but that’s because of how squishy the later is).

7 Likes

I have to agree with the above posts. I would add Gaige if you’ve got the DLC. She"s less straightforward than Axton, but can be very powerful, and if you build her with Deathtrap and anarchy extremely forgiving early game. Anarchy and Close Enough enabled me to essentially steam roll through normal, and I didn’t have to think too hard about things until UVHM. I also think that Maya is a universally good partner, and will greatly reduce the frustration that comes with starting out in this game, regardless of toon.

5 Likes

Thanks all. He wanted the toon with the “robot”, so that sort of works, as the plan is to only get through normal mode and then try Axton. All good fun, we have made it to level 7.

5 Likes