First legendary that made you go "Whoa"?

These days it rains Legendaries in Mayhem Mode and it feels like nothing but there once was a time where I was shocked and excited when they would drop. I remember I was somewhere in my mid 20s and stuck on some boss or level and just dying over and over again. I couldn’t get passed a certain point and was honestly just thinking of asking these forums if somebody could carry me through to the end. THEN IT HAPPENED! AN INCENDIARY LASER-SPLODER DROPPED! I didn’t know what kind of gun it was so I went to pick it up and try it out. “Whoa.” I remember thinking that when I first shot the gun. The laser reminded me of TPS AND it shoots rockets. I’m sold!

My first character was Moze and I used that legendary to take me all the way through normal mode and helped me farm in TVHM until my 40s where I farmed another one and then used that Laser-Sploder to get capped. It felt really good melting down enemies that I kept it in the bank and used it on my other VHs for a while.

2 Likes

A level 9 maggie dropping from a succulent skag in co-op, and a level 30 butcher on my very first playthrough. still have em in my bank to this day

2 Likes

I agree with the Maggie. I was so happy when an optimal Maggie dropped from that T-Rex boss on my first try. I used it almost exclusively. Then M10 came around and it was not kind to the Maggie. It might be better now, but at first you’d have to sacrifice your fingers just to kill a single mob. I personally really like the M10 system we have now, but it was a sad sight to see.

2 Likes

Dropped a dictator in the first week of the game with double pellets and I was like “what the hell, this has to be the strongest gun in the game”

2 Likes

The queen’s call the first week of the game was a blast to play with

3 Likes

Pretty sure it was an old school Crossroads, that thing just wrecked mobs.

3 Likes

Arctic Boom Sickle on my first play through, remained the best gun for about 10 levels before I found something better.

1 Like

Pestilent Defiler with masher barrel. Still my favorite

1 Like

Borderlands 3? Light Show about a week ago with my Zane. Finished up DLC3 and got it in one of the lockers. Wrecked everything in my path from 59-65 over DLC4. Surprisingly few Legendaries this game that blew my mind.

In any of the Borderlands games? BL2. I was running around just outside of Sanctuary my first run. Playing Maya and an Infinity dropped from an enemy. I loved that gun…

2 Likes

I got a Maggie from the typhon chest on eden 6, forget exact area, tried it out on my Moze and enemies melted so fast, I’d been trying out the masher from side quest and replaced it with the Maggie for quite some time. Tho biggest whoa moment had to the breath of the dying it dropped at lvl 42 and used it constantly up to 50 and it still destroyed everything til a trial dropped a 50 version. Still one of my favourite legendaries

1 Like

Nighthawkin around level 10. That thing rocked until the 30’s!

3 Likes

Hellwalker at level 7 I think.

1 Like

hard to say… i think i got a faisor rly early and it felt so good to use

times when this ■■■■ worked…

Level 42 Nighthawkin, this was the first legendary I got that felt unfair(especially in Incendiary mode).

1 Like

In general with borderlands? The first time I played BL1 long ago on its original launch and found a Volcano at like lv 11 then shot something with it.

For this game. Getting a LV 1 Flood from the first skag I killed after initial tutorial starting the game on Day 1. Not so much because I thought it was super awesome stat wise but because I got my first legendary drop like 10 minutes after starting the game for the first time.

1 Like

Level 9 Skeksil during my first playthrough. Loved that gun so much. Still do.
#BuffCoVPistols

1 Like

Lucians Call. That thing was beastly and I wish they’d make it M10 viable

1 Like

Krakatoa. The first time I saw the volcano fountain I was in love. Still fun, but not quite powerful enough for a daily driver.

1 Like

Rowan’s Call…

Those crit sounds, and the spectacle of bullets reflecting was nuts.

1 Like

In this game it was an SMG that shot multiple elements in a triangle pattern. Tsunami, maybe?

1 Like