First try at UVHM

Less of the peasant, i’m on PS4 (and Xbox) and i’m not a peasant :stuck_out_tongue: but that means the amazing PS4 community on here can help out. I only got my PS4 back in September of 2017, and I met a great group of people on here that are on that platform. You might like to take a look at the community we have.

Finally, feel free to throw me any questions you might have at my PSN which is the same as my name here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Level 50 gear is fine getting from the start point to Sanctuary, you shouldn’t need to farm more (though I like farming (weird ) so I do) gear in general.
But it is critical that you find something to consistently and accurately slag. Can be a gun or a grenade, just get something.
Some ideas;

• Farm a Slagga in Clan Wars
  • My choice - Get a Magic Missile from Tiny Tinas. Doesn’t matter what the level is, since you’ll just use it for slag. If you want to get one quickly, heck, drop back into Normal mode and run Tiny Tina’s really fast and get one.
  • A slag Lyuda/Lydmilla Usually a great choice for slagging if you don’t want to use a grenade.
    –RoA
4 Likes

What about axtons turrets?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot man buzzing to give it a go now aha the kids will soon be in bed :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot man just read through them and I’m dreading rabid and nitro stalkers :joy::joy:

2 Likes

If you’re specced for Double Up they are a source of slag. They tend to focus on one enemy at a time in my experience, but it certainly helps. I do like to have options for cool down times though. I use slag nades, the aforementioned Magic Missiles or bouncing Betty do pretty well, and all of the other options @RavenOfArisia listed are good too. With Expertise specced Axton’s swap speed is good, so considering a slag and swap style for down time might not be too taxing.

Also, you can reply to multiple people at once by writing their tags in the reply. Here’s a FAQ with some foruming tips and pointers that I wish I had read when I started posting.

4 Likes

Thanks dude will give it a read now my wife to be is playing axton and I’m playing gunzerker so think I’m gonna redo her skill tree with her

3 Likes

Color me jealous, my wife just looks at me like I’m nuts for dumping so much time into this game. In all fairness I’m pretty nuts, so she’s not wrong. :crazy_face:

Cruise the character specific sub forums. There are quite a few Axperts and Gunzerking Management instructors active. I don’t specialize myself, but the experts helped me a lot. The only advice that I think is really necessary is to give all of the gear a chance and not to be afraid of respawn fees. Money is easy to come by, and there are lots of hidden gems in the game.

5 Likes

“Help, help- I’m being repressed! You saw him repressing me, didn’t you?” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I did, @Carlton_Slayer. I am forever fighting for the rights of the re- and op- pressed. Call me the Peasant Avenging Pheasant.:smirk:

Off topic. I’ve been replaying Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and wondering if you played the PS3 installments, seeing as you play on Xbox these days.

4 Likes

OK played up to and finished symbiosis so didn’t play long but I found that the difference is mainly that you can’t auto pilot you just have to play slower and safer and to your classes strengths, found the hardest bit so far was meelee kills on bullymongs and killing the 2 super badasses after midgemong

3 Likes

You can save this for after you unlock the technicals and use the saw blade truck because the blades count as melee, fyi. Plus, if you do that you auto pick up the pelts when you drive over them. For future UVHM shenanigans.

4 Likes

I’ve done it now just was a bit painful probably should have specced into fistful of hurt haha

3 Likes

I always spec into Fist Full of Hurt (although I am leveling a Hoarder Sal now that may do without). Have you seen my Ode to Fist Full of Hurt?

There is also some sweet footage of someone using it to knock Scorch off of a cliff in Digistruct Peak somewhere on the interweb that makes me laugh every time.

5 Likes

That’s dope man I’m not sure where I’m going with my sal at the mo as it’s my first char to get to lvl 72 I will prob try and see if there’s a jack of all trades build

4 Likes

I just try and isolate the Monglets, they’re easy melee fodder :slight_smile:

Deputy! It does need some specific gear, but it’s fantastic.

5 Likes

Holy cow a build without inconceivable and I can spec a little into brawn I’m doing this

6 Likes

Yes, the nature of the build would be damaged by Inconceivable. You need to have reliable money shot every second shot from your shotgun, Inconceivable can obviously mess with that.

4 Likes

You can spec a lot into Brawn if you want to. My deputy only goes Gunlust to Down Not Out, Rampage to 5/5 Get Some, and then Brawn all the way to Come at Me Bro. And Salvester is the guy that farms all my high end and Seraph gear. Throw in a Moxxi gun if you don’t mind crutches and Sal will almost never pay another respawn fee again. I say almost never because there is such a thing as operator error, and this operator makes plenty of errors. :smirk:

I think 5 Shots or 6 might even be worse. Either way, Salvester isn’t specced into either, thems skills be Hoarder territory.

5 Likes

First of all, Welcome to the forums. Secondly, the first thing you should do upon entering UVHM is run through the mercenary day head hunter DLC (accessed by fast traveling to Marcus’s Mercenary Shop), so that you two will have a constant source of on level gear outside of the golden key chest.

5 Likes