First try at UVHM

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #21

Color me jealous, my wife just looks at me like I’m nuts for dumping so much time into this game. In all fairness I’m pretty nuts, so she’s not wrong. :crazy_face:

Cruise the character specific sub forums. There are quite a few Axperts and Gunzerking Management instructors active. I don’t specialize myself, but the experts helped me a lot. The only advice that I think is really necessary is to give all of the gear a chance and not to be afraid of respawn fees. Money is easy to come by, and there are lots of hidden gems in the game.

(Carlton Slayer) #22

“Help, help- I’m being repressed! You saw him repressing me, didn’t you?” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #23

I did, @Carlton_Slayer. I am forever fighting for the rights of the re- and op- pressed. Call me the Peasant Avenging Pheasant.:smirk:

Off topic. I’ve been replaying Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and wondering if you played the PS3 installments, seeing as you play on Xbox these days.

(GT_Jamie) #24

OK played up to and finished symbiosis so didn’t play long but I found that the difference is mainly that you can’t auto pilot you just have to play slower and safer and to your classes strengths, found the hardest bit so far was meelee kills on bullymongs and killing the 2 super badasses after midgemong

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #25

You can save this for after you unlock the technicals and use the saw blade truck because the blades count as melee, fyi. Plus, if you do that you auto pick up the pelts when you drive over them. For future UVHM shenanigans.

(GT_Jamie) #26

I’ve done it now just was a bit painful probably should have specced into fistful of hurt haha

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #27

I always spec into Fist Full of Hurt (although I am leveling a Hoarder Sal now that may do without). Have you seen my Ode to Fist Full of Hurt?

There is also some sweet footage of someone using it to knock Scorch off of a cliff in Digistruct Peak somewhere on the interweb that makes me laugh every time.

(GT_Jamie) #28

That’s dope man I’m not sure where I’m going with my sal at the mo as it’s my first char to get to lvl 72 I will prob try and see if there’s a jack of all trades build

(Selling England by the Pound) #29

I just try and isolate the Monglets, they’re easy melee fodder :slight_smile:

Deputy! It does need some specific gear, but it’s fantastic.

(GT_Jamie) #30

Holy cow a build without inconceivable and I can spec a little into brawn I’m doing this

(Selling England by the Pound) #31

Yes, the nature of the build would be damaged by Inconceivable. You need to have reliable money shot every second shot from your shotgun, Inconceivable can obviously mess with that.

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #32

You can spec a lot into Brawn if you want to. My deputy only goes Gunlust to Down Not Out, Rampage to 5/5 Get Some, and then Brawn all the way to Come at Me Bro. And Salvester is the guy that farms all my high end and Seraph gear. Throw in a Moxxi gun if you don’t mind crutches and Sal will almost never pay another respawn fee again. I say almost never because there is such a thing as operator error, and this operator makes plenty of errors. :smirk:

I think 5 Shots or 6 might even be worse. Either way, Salvester isn’t specced into either, thems skills be Hoarder territory.

(Just Your Average Dead Guy) #33

First of all, Welcome to the forums. Secondly, the first thing you should do upon entering UVHM is run through the mercenary day head hunter DLC (accessed by fast traveling to Marcus’s Mercenary Shop), so that you two will have a constant source of on level gear outside of the golden key chest.

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #34

welcome to the forums.

(GT_Jamie) #35

Thanks @nat_zero_six and @Kick_Smass yes I’m gonna Jump into that in a level or 2 does it scale to your level everytime you fast travel there

(Carlton Slayer) #36

In UVHM the Marcus Saves Mercenary Day dlc (to give it its official name) aka the Loot train, scales to your level, up to and including the OP levels… and welcome to a fine, fine place :grinning:

(Is this thing on?) #37

Everything scales in that way in UVHM.

(VaultHunter4Life) #38

I would farm for equipment that is build or character specific. One of the best if not the best builds for axton is his explosive build especially in uvhm. So heres a good start go to handsome sorcerer and fight him and a few ultimate wizards a few time to get wither 2x or 4x magic missile then have explosive relic and legendary soldier mod. Then get DPUH(unkept harold) x2 it is a must for axton. This is just a starting point if you can do the magic slaughter dome and get the ogre it is the best explosive assault rifle in the game.