Fix advanced mode level cap

Why the hell do I constantly have level 5s in advanced. They use all the lives and screw the entire team. Set a dang level cap cause it isn’t even worth trying advanced at the moment because of the low levels. I’ve tried probably 10 times and in everyone some idiot used all our lives less than half way through.

(UPDATED)
After a few comments the best and easiest way to implement a somewhat experience and skill based cap would be to make advanced unlock only after achieving silver medals on all regular missions. Now here comes the complaint by pvp players. My answer to this, suck it up buttercup. You want to play advanced try doing a little pve which is what you would be complaining about not being able to do. I know it’s going to come up that this method doesn’t make people competent. Yes this is true but I would rather have a crap player who knows the basic mechanics of a level than a crap player who doesn’t know anything. Chances are to get all silver they will have to play each level multiple times.

6 Likes

I can feel the rage in you.

Leaving aside the idiocy of a level 5 player even joining advanced matchmaking (Logic? We don’t need to stinkin’ logic!), what’s your sense of the best point to start advanced? I’m guessing that it’s going to help to have characters who are at least high enough in rank to have unlocked a couple of mutations?

I was thinking command rank 10-15 so at the very least they have played the mission a few times and don’t just come out with no clue. That or make it to where they have to get silver medal on all maps in normal before playing advanced. Character rank is not really a problem it’s the actual player. A character rank 1 who knows the mechanics is more useful to me than a rank 15 who’s never played the map.

1 Like

I kind of see Advanced as the “next step” from normal. IMO, folks should have the Heliophage on normal completed before going on to the Advanced queue. Especially since, you know, Heliophage shows up in the Advanced map options, and if you haven’t done all of the other maps, you’ll be at a severe disadvantage during the boss rush portion.

1 Like

Play private. I’ve beaten every mission silver all difficulties solo. Got gold on most of them. Super easy if you don’t play a melee character. Plus got some crazy legendaries playing just splitscreen. I think I’m at 5 legendaries now.

Playing private is boring. When I play solo I usually only play the game once. Coop has much more replayability.
I like learning from other players and passing it on. Sometimes I even have fun carrying. But the load needs to pitch in.
So yeah, silver on all normal missions before getting access to advanced public mode. Maybe that should even be a requirement for PVP.

1 Like

How can there be level 5’s in Advance mode? Maybe this is a bug because you have to complete the entire campaign to even unlock it (at least that’s how it was for me) and you are waaaay past level 5 by then.

Hey tyler,

I brought this up to. Got a really good suggestion in my thread from someone (will edit later and post name coz they deserve credit). What do you think of tieing it to character level? Command rank doesn’t=skill but character rank at least means youve learnt that character. Id say 9 or 10. Most mutations are unlocked by then

Edit: aimei66 was the player who came up with the suggestion of character rank

All I can think of is that they’re in a party with someone who does have access unlocked, and maybe they think they’re going to “power-level” like in the Borderlands games?

It’s pretty annoying because I’m currently lvl 57 and I have seen level 5-6 in almost every advanced lobby I’ve been in.

I have been through a few characters and at some point would like to max them all. Character level doesn’t mean you know anything either. I have a couple of characters maxed that I honestly suck with.

Silver in all story modes seems the best answer. The other two levels as everyone has pointed out is easy to cheese but silvers you will have to play each map and chances are multiple times at that.

Has to be silver solo. Which im all for.

If anything, they should be required to have the normal missions completed with at least a silver rating to be able to get into advance mission queu

silver makes sense because you could get this if you only solo all the story missions. there should not be a gold requirement because some levels just take luck to get a group that is competent. i think getting gold solo is a lot harder.

I’m Lv84 and have only played 3/8 of the missions, it’s not just the Lv10 and under.

This is an issue too. Obviously youve just pvped yeh? Your gear sets would be potentially subpar with ALL your gear coming from packs and no pickups. Granted you could get lucky with what, 16 packs so far? But Command rank doesnt give any stat boost. Atlesst character rank can with mutations.

15 PvE missions and 258 PvP, so yeah basically. PvE is awful in my opinion though, but I do have 10 legendarys, and pretty damn good gear in my opinion. Also have been able to get give or take 40 loot packs, if not more, although 10-15 of those have come through leveling

While I do agree this could be a problem, with the characters I primarily play I’ve noticed no problem and do not feel at any sort of disadvantage.

The thing is Rank isn’t actually a measure of skill, there are plenty of high Rank players that are horrendous at the game it’s a measure of how much time you put into the game. A low rank player can perform perfectly fine whether that is the norm is another thing entirely, but case in point making the correlation that Rank ALWAYS means the player will be bad is extremely poor practice and causes it’s own problem. Rank limitations aren’t a solution at all the solution is to have some sort of skill requirement based on past performances locking out Advanced so at the very least it keeps those who shouldn’t be playing Advanced out of Advanced regardless of how much time they’ve actually spent in the game to achieve a Rank and eliminate the Rank prejudice that you’re falling into.

Rank != skill
Low Ranks can be much better than high Ranks

How bout average score per minute and k/d in pve. Most people can mange 30 k/d ratio minimum and SPM is just to prove activity so you cant just tard out and spin in circles at the start of the map. Both statistics are good measures of aptitude atleast. Though I still think solo silver on 6/8 is a good measure

Kill/Death isn’t a valid indicator of one’s ability really and it puts support units at a disadvantage not to mention if you have somebody that is exceptionally good it effectively lowers the points for those that could still be competent enough to play Advanced Mode viably. I brought it up Let’s talk about troll players and proper reactionary measures Contribution/Death at a certain threshold seems the fairest way to do it to me. Tanks absorbing bullets, support characters healing and regenerating shields, and damage dealers dealing damage all being a factor instead of just fixating on one aspect, to have any of those things you’d have to be in an area capable of contributing and it doesn’t really favor one type of character over another, they’re all helpful though taking Damage is a bit skewed since a better idea would be to avoid damage, but still it is a way to measure how much fire you’re drawing away from the rest of the team for the bulky characters that have a harder time avoiding damage.