Fix Meltdown please

Most of us hate it because of the finale, when it happens, the winning team hordes one lane and they win, at the start of the match, the team that gets the first point generally wins and the losing team is always being pushed back to the spawn. That’s at least how it goes for me.

Fix it, either put a wall in the middle of the map so you can’t easily get to the other lane.

Have one ultra-minion spawn ONLY, not two.

Or just get rid of the stupid finale altogether.

That’s it.

3 Likes

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with original Meltdown.

4 Likes

Even when your team can hold the enemy, you still lose.

I would love to change it like this.

If a team has a large advantage let it end like old meltdown.
If team a or b is behind in 99 points or less finale trigers.
There is not time limit when finale activates, the first team to score wins.
Both teams spawn a bot based on their score, bots increase in power, speed and hp up to lvl 10. Minions start to spawn in pairs both sides.

4 Likes

The ‘Finale’ aspect of Meltdown is fine IMO. I don’t mind having ultra minions spawn in both lanes, as it makes for more coordinated games. I do however think that as soon as the 400 point mark has been reached, both teams should start off with ultra minions. Not have one team get a free chance to score. Obviously the winning team of the first phase would have stronger ultra minions to keep the advantage, but they would also have to deal with the other teams weaker ultra minions or risk losing. That way, it prevents them from stacking in one lane.

4 Likes

As opposed to the old system where the winning team wins

5 Likes

I liked that system.

3 Likes

if only this was the case…

3 Likes

Has anyone figured out the exact way the advantage scales between the two teams? I’ve seen a pretty lop-sided version (when the regulation score finished 400-10 or something), and had some pretty intense finales when the score was much closer (400-390). It would be nice to know exactly how the scores impacted the “advantage” that one team has over the other.

1 Like

I believe it’s every 40 score difference is a level.

2 Likes

This is a serious suggestion:

Give the LOSING team the stronger bots, first.

Well that would punish the winning team, dont you think?

5 Likes

@dantesolar

On the surface, maybe, BUT -

Super close, hard fought game, even match, final score difference of like 30-40 points or less, bots are equal anyway, no advantage.

One step up from this, not as close but still close match - losing team has a BIT more of a chance to come back and win, but the bots are still essentially equal. This scenario is SLIGHTLY unfair to the winning team but not much and I’d be willing to settle for it because of how I feel it would affect the following scenarios.

Now we are getting into scenarios where the winning team is ahead by a LARGE margin - 100 to 400 points.

Situations like this are generally the result of ridiculous matchmaking errors and / or huge differences in command ranks / skill levels between the teams.

Usually (and sadly), the winning team is STOMPING, hard, and the Finale mode becomes a Victory Parade for the winning team as a horribly outmatched team has to fight a BRUTAL team as well as the strongest possible bots.

GIVE TEAMS GETTING STOMPED A FIGHTING CHANCE!

What do you think about this idea @phoenix-2613 our resident Meltdown expert?

What if regardless of advantage the winning team gets a v2 fat bot and the losing team gets just a v1?

1 Like

This is why I said that the winning team shouldn’t get their ‘free’ chance to win entirely when they hit 400 points. Both teams should start off with ultra minions regardless, so that way, it forces the overpowering team to at least split up into both lanes and gives the losing team a chance to make a comeback. The bots are very strong and hard to deal with when they’re around v8.0-v10.0, which normally results from a stomping.

I thought maybe it would be a good idea to change it so the bots can only reach v5.0 max too, (a level every 80 point difference), so that way the bots aren’t too overpowering. This would also encourage more strategic play from the winning team as not only do they have to split up to deal with the losing team’s ultra minion, but they also have to defend their own as it’s weaker now.

After about 3-5 mins into sudden death, the bots can then start progressing past level 5. I’ve had some Meltdown games that have lasted the entirety of the sudden death phase, where no team has been able to score, and by golly they’re chaotic and require so much coordination. This is what makes it fun however, and I kinda want this to still be a thing against evenly matched teams because they’d be able to keep the game going long enough to start this phase in the first place.

2 Likes

@Phoenix-2613

So you don’t agree with giving the losing team the stronger bots?

I don’t agree, because it sounds a little wrong in my opinion to reward anti-objective focused gameplay.

People could win games then when they completely ignore minions, don’t care about score, only farm kills and then win afterwards because their bots roflstomp the lane. Enemy teams had to react to it by also playing bad and not let the others fall behind too much.

Please don’t do that to my favourite gamemode. :frowning:

I like the idea to give both teams bots in the first wave and let the score differential decide if they are close together in level (close match before) or if it is papercraft against raid boss (pretty clear win). Better chances to turn the match around but not something that devalues the first part of the match completely.

5 Likes

@wrriddle

Ah, that’s crazy, had not taken the line of thinking that far!

Excellent counter-point!

1 Like

Sorry, bad habit of mine. Always think about ways how something can be exploited in those brainstorming threads.

1 Like

@wrriddle

Sadly, it makes perfect sense, considering how many a*shole teams and players out there LIVE to find and exploit things like that!

1 Like

Again, though, the greatest problem with Meltdown (hell, ALL of the game modes) is the VAST disparity in command ranks and skill levels that currently exist in the small and cut throat Battleborn playerbase, especially with many newer / lower-level people “hiding” in Quick Match.

2 Likes