Fix the match browser of borderlands franchise, improve it the way I recommend please, and make it with more options and freedom.

(Rodrigolimahenrique) #1

All the borderlands franchise match browser system is a terrible design and layout especially on PC (personal computer), it makes the players don’t find games because every time you must change your character to only find matches that are the same level, it is very frustrating changing every time to check in the match browser to look for matches. It would be much better if the match browser was more likely the valve’s counter strike global offensive, and killing floor 2 server browsers, where literally all the matches are shown on the browser.
Make the borderlands match browser with options for the player set the filter by all levels: 1 to 72 – over power 1 to 8, difficulty, maps, region (North America, South America, East Europe, etc), Ping (Latency), “base game content only” or “all add-on dlc”, “show only not full matches (not full)”. Giving more freedom for the players find more easily games/matches with the facility by changing the filters as wanted, this is one of the reasons why people can’t find coop online matches (multiplayer).
If the current borderlands match browser continues this way it won’t last long, after a short time becomes harder to find online coop games because it hasn’t a filter option on it.

(Almost a god) #2

Rofl yes the “quick match” and “match browser” are horrible even compared to mobile server browsers, and was very hard to ever find good matches. They should definitely look into expanding that feature and making it more smooth.

1 Like
(Rodrigolimahenrique) #3

I agree

(Matrixneo42) #4

We also need a “activity tag” that people can apply to their sessions. Ex: main questing, side questing, boss farming, trading, arenas, raiding, “digistruct peak”, and a few more

2 Likes
(Rodrigolimahenrique) #5

right, why not? It depends of gearbox developer team.

(The RAbbi) #6

Back to my idea of a community bounty board in the public shared space. If you’re looking for help, you go to the board and fill out a form to post a bounty. If you’re looking to help someone out, you go to the board and check the existing bounties. You can sort by type of bounty (raid, main quest, side quest, farming, etc.). You see where this is going. Even without a shared social space, having that board in the safespace (Sanctuary?) would make a good hookup to get likeminded vault hunters together.

YES it would be abused. “Must have DPUH, 100+ Voracidous solo clears minimum” kind of crap like you get with say Destiny 2’s matchmaking (which is external to the game itself, BECAUSE INCOMPETENCE). Anyhow. Matching up players somehow to COOP and experience that joy? I think it’s pretty important.

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #7

XBox has something like this with the “Looking for group” feature. Not sure if they’ve added something similar on PS4 or not? Anyway, if you’re in the relevant player community, you can respond and just drop in.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a “LFG” in PS4 unless a certain community that you belong to posts it, but that’s outside of the range, such as was said with Destiny. It’s a total separate app and just hard to use. It’s supposed to go through the app, into your invites, and you get a 50% that you actually see the invite, etc. so short answer, no we don’t (yet) and probably not for the foreseeable future.

1 Like