[FIXED] Connection Problems on Ps4

I dicided to stop play until next update… restarted 3 times my characther already killing my buzz around this gaming session… hope they fix it soon

4 Likes

Hi. i have the same issue, even when I’m playing alone the “connect/disconect” message appears every 5 minutes aprox. It’s really anoying and extrange because I’m talking with my friends through PS4 party app and I’ve never lose the connection there. I hope they can fix it as soon as posible, It’s not the same playing Borderlands alone than playing with friends.

4 Likes

Same story here. I can’t play with friends :frowning:

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue as well except it’s way shorter than 5 minutes it always does so about every minute to 2 minutes sometimes even less and it makes it hard to see things when shopping and such too it’s not psn and it seems to be only borderlands 3 it will let me connect and invite people but as soon as they join they are removed and as soon as I join I am instantly removed some people are reporting crashes mine hasn’t crashed whatsoever it’s just the internet issue

3 Likes

My buddy is having the same issue. Constantly disconnecting and then reconnecting. Unable to play together whatsoever. ■■■■ sucks, man.

2 Likes

Having the same issue with my wife’s accout. Thought it might be simillar to an odd issue with a relative’s account where we had constant disconnects from PSN or they wouldn’t show online AT ALL. Only fix for it was to delete the user from the PS4, and resign in. I thought this fixed it initially, but no. This did not work either. I’ve done all of the above as well, from portforwards to power cycles…Don’t want to play it without the wife though. Shame, I was so hyped for this game.

UPDATE:

While doing network/device testing I managed to get my licenses locked…Don’t get too experimental guys or you’ll run the risk of getting locked for 24-72 hours…attempting to get in contact with sony now. Will update post when I’m done.

Submitted a ticket to gearbox/2k as well, Sony customer support earlier today advised me “the publisher is already aware of the issue”. So it may be a server issue?

UPDATE 2:

Got my games unlocked, simple enough. Just had to set the PS4 as my primary (license sharing with the wife). Still no luck on getting the connection up and going… after further testing it seems that people having the issue cannot connect to PSN at all while BL3 is running. Doing network tests with the game up results in a failed PSN status/login. upon closing the application it was able to connect no problem. Still unsure as to what could be the issue. It’s also EXTREMELY odd that it’s not BOTH systems. I have no connection issues what so ever. Would do a further test of buying a digital copy for the wife if I thought it’d work. Honestly though, I don’t think it’ll matter and then it’s just $60+tax wasted. No response to the ticket yet either. I imagine I won’t have anything until Monday-Wednesday

EDIT NUMERO FINALE:

FIXED IT!!!

BOOT INTO SAFE MODE AND I BELIEVE IT’S OPTION 4, RESET SETTINGS TO DEFAULT

YOU WILL LOSE NO DATA, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO SET YOUR NET BACK UP, AND LOG IN TO PSN BUT YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO. GOOD LUCK GUYS AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS

it seems there’s some kind of cached connection issue, so reseting everything fixed it? I’m not a networking guru or anything. hell it’s not even my strong point. but we’re able to play as it stands

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

10 Likes

Let us Know please, anything they told you.

2 Likes

Bro u can try playing with lan connection

1 Like

Please tell me if it worked, buying a digital copy for your wife. I gameshare with a friend and my friend can’t play either. I wanna know if it’s related to gamesharing. Thx

1 Like

I can tell you my issue is not related to gamesharing whatsoever. Friend and I bought two physical copies, and he’s having the issues with not being able to join/invite at all.

3 Likes

But, just to make it clear do you share your account with him for other games ?

1 Like

I’m not buying another digital copy, as stated previously. @Freeland1200 as far as I can see LAN isn’t available on PS4 (there’s a LAN SERVER option in the social tab next to the mail tab on PC, but it isn’t listed on PS4)

1 Like

Nope, never shared my account/games with him.

2 Likes

The playstation of ur wife have a distance problem on the control ? I try to search any problem, because I have distance problem on my ps4

1 Like

Distance problem? they’re both hard-lined now. same issue

1 Like

Strangely enough there’s a slightly different issue floating around now with this thread. Where it doesn’t disconnect the player from PSN, but will crash the party, or at least disconnect the player.

1 Like

@freeland1200 Borderlands 3 does not support LAN. Tested it last night

1 Like

You are a gentleman and a scholar my friend thank you so much

1 Like

Great post!

Similar problem, my son switched my ps4 primary to his ps4.

Now, even switching back primary, and doing your steps above, I cannot join any game unless it is in a lobby where his ps4 is.

Strange, this worked fine yesterday and last night. Today? I cannot join any but his.

Otherwise:

“Connection error
Your connection has times out. Please check your network.”

1 Like

I’m a little confused. Can you tell me how it started? are you license sharing?

1 Like