I played Borderlands 2 last year and uninstalled. I installed it today again, and after downloading, usually a setup or 2 runs afaik, but it didn’t happen when I installed this time. It worked perfectly last year.
When I verify the integrity on steam, it shows 1 file is missing and will be fixed, but the sound doesn’t work even after that.
- Uninstalling and re-installing.
- Uninstalling sound drivers and reinstalling (Realtek HD Audio and Intel Display Audio using Driver Booster and getting the drivers from Realtek site).
- Going into Settings > Sound > App volume and device preferences > selecting “Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)”.
- Checking if the volume is low in the Volume Mixer.
- Running as Administrator, but the game keeps asking me to Run as Admin and doesn’t even open. Same for running in XP SP2.
- Tried using -nolauncher in launch options for steam.
Can anyone please tell if how to fix this? Thanks in advance.