Below is a list of bugs or awkward interactions the FL4K player base has encountered. We’re in the process of acquiring video evidence for the bugs in question, but in the mean time, could you pass this list along to the dev team?
Also @Psychichazard could we have this thread stickied?
Making this thread to compile every bug for the class in one place. Hopefully, putting everything in one place will make it easier for the Devs to identify and fix bugs.
I’ll list each bug, the conditions of its appearance if we know them, and any threads or videos on the bug.
If anyone can provide video evidence of any of the bugs in question, it would help a great deal. And please list anything that you find as well! We’ll @ the community manager once a comprehensive list is compiled, because I know I’m missing more than a few.
- Sometimes upon activation, Gamma Burst will immediately go on cooldown without doing anything.
It occurs when an action (ex.shoot a gun ,reloading gun) is immediately performed after Gamma Burst is activated and before the pet teleports, given a low enough FPS.
- Dominance takes multiple melee strikes to effect enemies, and they may not be effected for the full duration of 12 seconds.
- Hidden Machine procs extremely inconsistently, not activating even when enemies are clearly shooting Fl4k’s pet. Only seems to activate on enemies that are not aggroed at all.
Melee FL4K math - Hidden Machine is weird
Jabber skill descriptions never update to reflect Barbaric Yawp values.
The Cutsman SMG does not proc guaranteed crits in Fade Away. Only regular headshots register as crits despite Fade Away giving guaranteed criticals.
- St4ckbot reset tests after latest hotfix
- Non-crits from a gun: resets it.
- Non-crit splash from a gun (like OPQ’s spawned explosion): resets it, but if it crits it won’t. In the case of OPQ that’s only achievable through Megavore.
- Grenades in general: don’t reset it. - Hunter Seeker: resets because it counts as a gun damage source.
- Barrels: if the impact that hit them was a crit (Fade/Megavore proc), it won’t reset (will actually stack). If it wasn’t, it’ll reset. The barrel’s explosion does not reset the effect anymore.
- Shield Novas and Stinger: don’t reset it.
- Reflect shields: resets it.
- Melee/Face-puncher: melee does not reset it. Face-puncher can’t reset or stack it (even if on Fade), but benefits from the gun damage increase.
- Artifacts: don’t reset it. Includes Static Charge, White Elephant and all the others.
- Going into FFYL: resets it.
- Fast traveling: resets it if between zones, but not on the same zone.
- Mayhem Modifiers: needs testing.
Enemies can still target Fl4k while they are invisible in Fade Away.
https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/just-thought-id-make-yall-aware-fade-away-is-now-bugged/3802846/7~Moved back in since there are still numerous reports of enemies tracking FL4K while invisible.
- Hunter’s Eye is not correctly listed a Hunt skill.
- Crits on humans coming from Megavore do not get the crit bonus.
- Some human and beast enemies do not count for the skill’s boost. Damage reduction from beasts does work vs. bosses when paired with a Bounty Hunter Class Mod.
- Evil Eye Zealots, Fervent Zealots and Badass Zealots are confirmed to not be human for Hunter’s Eye, and possibly other skills.
- Gamma Burst /Terror scales off of base pet damage, not the final damage number. This means it does not take into account any modifiers that take place on impact such as elemental multipliers from the spiderants, Go for the Eyes, or damage increasing anointments. You can see below how Scorcher and Countess have the same damage added through Gamma Burst even though Countess deals 50% reduced damage vs flesh.
- Gamma Burst breaks other damage multipliers like Go for the Eyes and Splash damage. If you just have Gamma equipped (the Action skill doesn’t even need to be active) the splash damage anointment will never activate. Sometimes Gamma Burst seems to ignore Go for the Eyes, other times it is included in the damage calc. In some cases, Gamma Burst will outright LOWER your pets damage if you are using the splash damage anointment. Fl4k Critter Lab Video evidence
- The pet damage portion of Furious Attack, Interplanetary Stalker, and Most Dangerous Game isn’t effected by Big Game.
- Not the Face Mayhem modifier reduces pet damage by 75% on critical, dealing 25% of their normal melee damage. Holy Crit, though it is supposed to boost crit damage, has no effect on the critical damage of pets.
- As of 7/23 patch, the attack command damage of Spiderant Centurion, Spiderant Scorcher, and Great Horned skag are dealing 40-50% less damage.
Psycho Head on a Stick doesn’t activate at all.It does activate, it just doesn’t show on the bottom of the screen.
Two Bothersome Bugs on FL4K
Gamma Burst’s cooldown stacks when used to revive the pet, adding 60 seconds every time it is used on a living pet. It can reach upwards of 5 minutes.Fixed in 11/21 patch
Two Bothersome Bugs on FL4K
The anointed perk that gives an extra charge of Rakk Attack doesn’t always apply. Can be fixed by save/quitting or re-equipping the item.Not a bug. The anointment is only on the piece of gear, so when you switch you lose the extra stack. Should always work if you get it on non-weapon slots (if that is possible).
Item Bug: Rakk Attack Stacks Fl4k
Spiderants use the Countess’ burrow attack command to move, dealing Corrosive damage to player vehicles when moving too far away from it.Both spiderants use the countess’ burrow attack as a movement skill. Vehicle damage is unavoidable if standing too close.
Spiderant Spawn bug?
5. Fade Away- Guerillas in the Mist action skill augment lasts for 5 seconds in game, instead of the 6 second duration listed in the hotfix notes. The 6 seconds listed in the hotfix notes was a typo. 5 seconds is the correct time for GitM. 6. The Power Inside increases Fl4k’s Rakk Attack damage by 33% at full half and 16% otherwise, instead of the listed 50% at full health and 25% otherwise.https://youtu.be/82Lu6UGZkpo?t=165 This is probably just diminishing returns now that I think about it. 7.As of 11/21 Patch- Megavore isn’t proccing at all, or very rarely. Fixed 11/25 hotfix 8. As of 11/21 Patch- The Bounty Hunter COM is not activating the Most Dangerous Game. It only activates when shooting badasses now. 9. Beefcake Jabber Attack Command doesn’t activate during Gamma Burst. Just tested. Commands do activate.
Gamma God Build
10. Furious Attack does not increase pet damage.Fixed in 1/9 Hotfix
Borderlands 3 Hotfix [01/09/2020]
11. Receiving multiple reports that Barbaric Yawp does not work with Jabbers. Others have tested and confirmed it does, but the tooltip never updates their values.
12. Furious Attack’s bonus is listed as 1-1-2-2-3 in game instead of the intended .6-1.2-1.8-2.4-3 Fixed in 3/12 hotfix
Furious Attack Pet damage visual bug
13. The armor damage portion of the Hunter’s Eye skill only gives half the damage listed. Fixed in 3/12 hotfix 14. 8. Attack commands don’t receive bonus damage from Gamma Burst. Don’t know when it happened, but this appears to have been fixed. Fl4k Critter Lab
Bug Report: Attack Commands don't receive bonus damage from Gamma Burst
15. Rakk attack’s cooldown can become bugged out by headcount.Fixed in 3/26 patch
16. Rakk Attack is crashing the game as of 3/26/patch. Multiple conditions for crashes reported, including use of the Rakk Pakk Class mod, and seems to be more frequent in those that bought the DLC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=2oyy2L4E5FE&feature=emb_logo Fixed in 4/3 Hotfix 17. Most Dangerous Game doesn’t give any pet damage at all…Most Dangerous Game does increase pet damage, but the pet damage doesn’t scale with Big Game.
18. Lick the wounds does not give the pet 30% damage when it revives the player. Fixed in 4/23 Patch
FL4K Lick the Wounds Skill does not give bonus pet damage upon revive
19. Rage and Recover does not effect the pet, even though the skill says it does. Fixed in 7/23 hotfix 20. Rage and Recover is bugged and only regens about 1/3 of the listed value.FL4K Skills, Pets, Class Mods and Interactions: what could change Fixed in 7/23 hotfix 21. Headcount is currently bugged with Rakk Attack cool down. It doesn’t decrease cool down even when scoring critical hits as of 4/23 patchFixed 7/23 patch 22. Cosmic Stalker class mod “FL4K’s Hunt Skill Power is increased by 25%” does not seem to increase the “Damage” bonus that can stack on Interplanetary Stalker which is applied to the rakks. It does however increase the “Human Bonus” of Interplanetary Stalker by 25% which affects the Rakks. Fixed 8/6 Hotfix
The bonus damage portion of Interplanetary Stalker does not benefit from Big Game or the 25% bonus to Hunter Skills from the Cosmic Stalker COM. This applies to the pet damage portion of the skill as well.Interplanetary Stalker skill Bug: Please fix!
23. Friendbot does not provide 20% bonus damage to the pets. Fixed in 9/10 hotfix