I’VE MADE SOME SERIOUS MISTAKES! IMPORTANT PET INFO
@Ratore @sammantixbb @megadethwm Forgive the caps, but I’ve made some terrible mistakes testing pet damage and a few of the conclusions I’ve come to are way off base. We also have some new bugs on our hands, and a possible really cool interaction involving splash damage and atomic aroma.
- The spiderant and horned skag do get GB bonus on attack command. When I tested before with beefcake and horned skag, I was using terror gear which may have thrown off the result. Still, every pet I’ve tested so far (Spiderant centurion, countess, scorcher, horned skag, and Beefcake) receives it.
If terror is the cause of this, then you wouldn’t want to use terror gear if you utilize attack commands. In all honesty, the DPS increase you get to normal melee attack will probably still make this out DPS builds without it.
- Countess is the best melee pet for damage. Her attack command hits for 32k. She actually deals nearly the same damage on attack command as scorcher for some reason, and she gets 100% bonus damage from Gamma Burst, on FLESH.
- BUG - SCORCHER DOES NOT RECEIVE FULL GAMMA BURST BONUS! The attack command hit for 15k, but Gamma Burst added 6772, the same it added for the base spiderant. It doesn’t take the increased elemental damage into account. The same seems to be true for normal attacks as well.
- I had the spiderant’s damage reversed. They don’t deal the same damage as the kinetic pets, the deal double! They do get the matching element bonus on normal melee attacks, and will deal double damage on matching health types, but about 65% damage as Kinetic pets deal on non-matching types. Spiderants are therefore the best melee damage pets. (Although as the videos show, they are extraordinarily stupid)
- I only saw it briefly in a reddit post before it was taken down, but according to a poster there, Atomic Aroma scales with area of effect increases, just like Rakk! I’m trying to find a COM that has that bonus on it so I can try it myself, but if it’s true this could be a real treat!
These are really big discoveries for pets! I’m looking forward to giving everything a second go with my normal build and seeing what happens.
I do sincerely apologize for the misleading info I’ve put out regarding pets though. A lot of what I’ve been saying for the past two months is completely counter to what is in the game. Hopefully this new info will encourage some of you who tried pets and were disappointed to try again.
EDIT: Both of the other Skags work as expected. I couldn’t test the Jabbers besides Beefcake since neither of them shot Kevin for some reason.