Fl4k Critter Lab

It doesn’t affect Sabot. Moze crew ran that one back on my early tests of Bust-A-Bear.

1 Like

Damn. Oh well, still got some other stuff to try.

1 Like

Watch them do something like “frozen enemies take 200% increased damage from all sources” :laughing: :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

That would birth a new meta of cryo rakk/Ice Breaker/Frozen Heart builds lol I still just want my cryo jabber

3 Likes

So only the atomic damage scales off of aoe/splash damage or do countess, gunslinger and E skag always count as splash? If they tied them down to those then I wonder if the second tier of pets has a damage type to scale off of.
I’m very confuzled.

1 Like

Countess, Gunslinger, and Eridian Skag attack commands also scale off of Area of Effect damage.

2 Likes

If they can be effected by the splash aniontments like the rakks can then you could cover the time in-between gammaburst casts easily.
I would test but I’m at work, still I think this opens up some good possibilities for mobbing.

@GypsyKing0 Do you think you could test this using your splash king build? You have most of the gear already, so if you don’t mind that would be really helpful!

4 Likes

Holy ■■■■, holy ■■■■, holy rusted grog ■■■■ Rakkman the splash damage on ase increased the countess’s attack command damage by 125%.
I’m uploading the video now but it’s without the atomic aroma.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■. Gunslinger…WHAT DOES HE DO?

GUNSLINGER GETS BUFFED BY 3 PASSIVES!

It gets Splash, AoE, and grenade, although grenade is reduced to 10% instead of 30 for some reason. But that means there is a potential 70% extra damage available through passives!!!

glorious_day

4 Likes

So because of this I shall now drop everything to find an ase 125% splash damage execute pistol.
It does work on the gunslinger and the E skag attack commands as well. It does not increase their normal attacks though but the skag went from 6800 to 15k, the jabber went from 19k to 44k. The required skills to get these pets gave more damage so with the same setup she deals 9500 then 21k. All numbers rounded down.
Here’s the video of the splash aniontment on a cutsman but less points than needed to get the other pets.

2 Likes

This also means we may have more options for action skill than GB. I originally loved rocking rakks and the spiderant before m4 I can do without my scorcher.
I think I can have one of my pets kill Wotan on TTM m3?

1 Like

Dude, that would be SICK!

Best part is: Gunslinger with all these bonuses should be able to hit (with anointment, splash, AoE, deadeye bonus, and Sic Em’) 59k per rocket., W/OUT THE REST OF THE SKILL TREE!!! Since we normally get about 200% pet damage from the tree, that means our total attack command damage will be 540k, way past the 270k threshold we need to 100-0 Maliwan grunts on M4.

TL;DR - We have the damage for M4 NOW!

3 Likes

Which skill tree, the blue? I’ve honestly always felt like a stalker mod with +3 in big game was better than deadeye but that’s just because of the lackluster damage, you just doubled the damage and I may change my mind. Still I would love to compare the god rolls stat versions for pet damage with splash or aoe damage buff, +5 in gtge with the extras 35% damage would wreck but I’ve yet to get the “trash roll” to drop.

I mean a build in general. Without any other skills or bonuses than what I listed, they get 180k. Whether you go with a Gammavore build or Stalker, both builds end up with at least 200% pet bonus, hence the final number of 540.

Also, whether you favor Stalker or deadeye depends on whether you want to focus on normal pet attacks or attack commands. The extra multiplier from deadeye makes a tremendous difference for attack commands (I calculated it earlier in the thread.) For normal melee though, Stalker provides just as much damage that is far easier to maintain.

I would only bother with Deadeye on Countess and Gunslinger now. If you’re gonna do burst damage, you go big or go home. Since the other pets don’t scale nearly as well as these two, I’d stick with Stalker for them. For normal melee, Scorcher and Horned Skag are great. Scorcher because it deals between 5500 and 6500 on flesh with a decent build, making 10k pet DPS possible with Gamma Burst; and Skag because Kinetic isn’t resisted by much and it gives you a lot of damage.

BTW - God roll for this would be (assuming we get a fix for pet damage not scaling with cryo)
Countess - AoE/Splash, cryo efficiency, cryo damage.
Gunslinger - AoE/Splash, whatever weapon stats you want.

2 Likes

I know splash can come on a mod but I’ve never seen cryo efficiency on a mod, it’s on artifacts alot.
Did you ever get around to seeing if any corrosive damage buffs worked?

Nope, I don’t have any mods with Corrosive damage. I should probably just hit up Grave…from what I’ve read, Flesh melter doesn’t buff her damage, but I want to try it again just in case.

I think I may have one but I have a artifact with corrosive damage on it so maybe one will buff her.

Hopefully. I have a flash melter so I can test that in Sanctuary.

EDIT: So at least testing in Sanctuary (destroying vehicle, then looking at melee damage on Kevin) Flesh Melter doesn’t work on normals or attack command.