Since Gearbox has said they are reading the forums and collecting feedback, I believe it would be a good idea for us to stat collecting people’s likes, dislikes, new bugs, and suggestions for FLK specifically in Mayhem 2.0.
While I understand there are strong views about Mayhem 2.0 from all sides, let’s keep this thread directed towards provided feedback rather than discussing the various issues with the implementation of Mayhem 2.0 since there are several dozen threads on that already. Also, let’s keep this as character specific as we possibly can and be ABSOLUTELY CRYSTAL CLEAR about what it is we would like to see implemented. If the FL4K community clearly lays out what our concerns are, then we’ll know we’ve done everything we can on our end to positively affect the development of the game.
Gamma Burst’s rift should be movable on a cool down, or the AOE should be increased.
- From gelboy - We need to be moving constantly in Mayhem 2.0 to avoid novas, elemental pools, Death, and other effects. We can’t utilize the Gamma Burst rift if we need to constantly move out of it’s range. Allowing us to move it or making it larger would increase its usability drastically. It should also have the visuals decreased somewhat to make it easier to see through.
Make Rage and Recover a Hunter Kill Skill.
- Echoing the suggestion in this thread, Rage and Recover would be more useful and synergistic with the Stalker tree if it’s health regeneration could be boosted by Big Game. As it is now the skill gives a fairly low amount of missing health per second, meaning the higher your health is the less effective this skill becomes. Considering the capstone of the stalker tree requires full health for maximum effect, this skill would benefit from any boost it could get to its regenerative abilities.
All pet skills that don’t give a bonus to FL4K (Ferocity, Psycho Head, Sic Em’, Go for the Eyes) should be buffed.
- FL4K’s pets have struggled as damage dealers for the entirety of the game, so it has always been a suboptimal choice to spec into their damage alone. The bonuses listed above need to be improved to be worth taking over skills that give both FL4K and the pets a buff.
Scale pet health at half of the enemy health instead of 1-1.
- From narfkeks - “Having the pet’s health increased that much also increases the impact of health increases by skills, which is why I thought about having Who rescued Who? and how that skill would loose value if you scale pets that much stronger than weapons. So again, having pets only get half the health bonus would keep that skill useful and also, it would not make Lick the Wounds too reliable.”
Let pets scale from more aspects of our gear.
- From Space0ctopus - “One of the big parts of borderlands is looting cool new gear to find crazy combinations that improve your character, and this is a problem for the pet because beyond a couple class mods and the interactions they have with splash damage there is no way to improve them with your gear. Even indirectly letting pets benefit from Fl4k’s gear like giving them the melee damage vs cryo enemies bonus or letting the pet benefit from the effect a roid shield or have a chance to use the effect of an equipped melee artifact would at least give pet builds some way to use gear to help their pet out.”
Increase the passive bonuses of Tier 3 pets (Countess. Eridian Skag, Gunslinger)
- From Space0ctopus - “I understand that the intention was second tier pets were supporters with better bonuses while third tier pets were damagers with better attack commands but the difference between the two is massively in favor of the second tiers since pet bonuses are very powerful with only a few points of investment in barbaric yawp and attack commands are still weak even with as many points into pet damage as possible. The third tier pets need their bonus increased in some way, either by increasing their unique 5% bonus or giving them an improved version of the basic pet’s bonus.”
Change the way He Bites works to make it scale better with Mayhem mode.
- From Space0ctopus - “Instead of reflecting the actual damage the pet should have taken it calculates what percent of the pet’s max health the attack would have taken, and deal enough damage to reflect whatever 15% of that in the attacker’s max health is. So instead of pet takes 100 damage enemy takes 15 it would be pet loses 10% of his max health enemy loses 1.5% of their’s. That would make the damage independent of scaling so it would work equally well on normal and every mayhem mode.”
- Add more skills and mechanics that incentivize pet kills like Eager to Impress.
Remove Dominance as the capstone of the master and move it up to tier 3. Make Psycho Head on a Stick the capstone ability. and buff it.
- This has been been suggested before, but it seems even more sensible now. Dominance isn’t a terrible idea on it own, but its place in the tree is what ruins it. A capstone ability should augment the themes of the tree or tie everything together, and Psycho Head does a much better job of that than Dominance. We suggest the skill be buffed to have some kind of survival perk for FL4K and the pet to accentuate the themes of the Master skill tree and encourage synergistic play between them. Suggestions for possible buffs to Psycho Head here and Dominance here.
- Add an indicator/timer to let us know when enemies are Dominated.
- Add an extra effect to Dominance to make it more useful for other styles of play. Rework Dominance to activate via attack command instead of melee.
- Headcount is currently bugged with Rakk Attack cool down. It doesn’t decrease cool down even when scoring critical hits.