Flak NEEDS some good survival buffs (Heck a new mod or rework could help with that)

@wrandle1999 Thank you and you’re welcome!

There are a lot of really smart Fl4k players that post on the forums, most of them know a lot more than me, but I just tend to be more opinionated and loud than most probably LOL.

Check the builds thread and the Top Gear thread for some good builds, gear, and discussion about the pros and cons of most of them.

1 Like

You should check out the Killer Queen build. The gear is a little picky but I think it’s the most fun possible with FL4K. I’m confident that this build is the pinnacle of pet damage ATM.

1 Like

I just might check it out. Could be hilarious to see my pet kill a boss all by itself. (Heard that was possible.)

1 Like

It definitely is possible. Often.

1 Like

It’s tricky to do but the pet deals enough damage in the right situations to one shot bosses. It’s well into the billions

1 Like

Here’s the link.

1 Like

I agree with pretty much everything your saying here but my issue is mainly centered around gamma builds and the fact that red fang is what makes it strong. Gamma with out red fang feels annoying to play IMO. I feel having burst aid becoming both a group or solo heal that stays with flak while gamma’s active would fix or at least make it a little less tedious to play with a bounty hunter, cosmic stalker ect.

3 Likes

You have a point. I felt disappointed seeing I had to rely on Red Fang for survival which is why I thought the changes I said above would be a nice way to add different playstyle to Gamma burst instead of the same thing every time.

Gamma burst aid could be the thing that might make it better with those changes but I also thought the other ideas would add more variety in playstyles all around.

1 Like

Also ty for the link.

1 Like

I’m sure you would have found it, but it’s here on forums not YT lol

Edit: sorry I sidetracked the thread lol there is a HEAPING pile of cool ideas to revamp FL4K’S survivability in the FL4K section

1 Like

Yep, you’ll get no argument from me there. There has been a lot of discussion on these forums about making the Red Fang taunt either a passive effect of Gamma Burst or an augment to GB (I like the former idea better). It is silly that you are pretty much locked into using the Red Fang if you want to run GB.

In the same way, I think GBX should make the Rakkslag anointment into either an augment (or add to an existing augment) or just make it a passive effect of casting Rakks as well.

3 Likes

Agreed, I think that if a COM is related to an action skill it should benefit that action skill. Not entirely obliterate it.

For instance look at the benefit of R4KK P4K to Rakk Attack vs Red Fang to Gamma Burst. R4KK P4K is the best overall damage bonus for RA and adds quite a bit of survivability. However you are perfectly capable of using a Bounty Hunter, Cosmic Stalker or Deadeye with Rakk Ataack. How well does Gamma Burst fare without Red Fang?

3 Likes

I really want them to do something to let you atleast temporary have your other pets out. I feel like the master tree capstone should have been a thing that summoned your other two pets for a short period of time after using attack command or your action skill.
I also find it funny that the only VH left without Life steal in his skill tree is the hunter sub class character. Instead his life steal is relegated to an anointment.

Getting a Stop Gap shield with on ASE trigger shield fill and bread is amazing for rakks but I don’t agree with any VH feeling required to equip spicific anointments to feel functional on Mayhem 5+.

Health Regen has had this problem since OP levels in BL2. The moment gun damage goes up the value of life steal craps all over health regen. The only time I was able to run a Health regen FL4K in end game was when Terror was a thing and you got like 10% regen per second per stack of terror up to 3. Even then I was not unkillable. I had to constantly sit behind cover for a few seconds in places like the slaughter shaft or the maliwan takedown.

2 Likes

I actually really liked the terror health regen mechanics and believed at the time that it would be really powerful for characters, but then the gear was quickly outleveled. When the Halloween DLC comes around again this year, it will be really interesting to see what builds players come up with.

I ran a Rakk build with a Transformer with terror, a grenade with terror health regen, and a Lyuda with terror ammo regen. Obviously that build would mot work at Mayhem 10 now with the way the Lyuda’s damage has become outclassed, but the concept was cool and could be moved over to different weapons to be equally powerful.

There is still a lot of potential with terror anoints that I think will be developed further this year during the Halloween DLC.

1 Like

I was running multi projectile madness. I had single pellet guns with very high damage and was running around with a One Pump one shooting almost everything in the game outside of Vault Monsters and Maliwan takedown XD. Like you said I’m not sure If the build would work with M10. I had a Back Ham with the Regen and a Nagata sadly the Nagata was just there for Terror nothing else XD.

1 Like

Fl4k is the most balanced character atm. Hits like a truck, and you have to work to improve your survivability instead of getting all your health back in two shots like Zane or Amara.

Fl4k doesn’t need to be touched when it comes to that imo.

1 Like

I played GB Fl4K for a long time too. Swapped to low-life (LL) with loader shield and 50/150 weapons. It’s great. If the Burst-Aid on the skill-tree would instead of health-regen give shield-regen it would increase my FL4K’s survivability even more!

I am in no way a fl4k expert but I play him to get by during these gray areas we have. I feel he’s more challenging than the other VH’s to find that “perfect” build. I feel I had one till the projectile nerf so did some research. Now as a reply to the op survival question I use the red fang build with the urad setup. Running these together feels good but to handle stragglers that do target me the urad and pearl mod do just fine. I in no way have the experience to offer any technical suggestions but I have spent quite a bit of time researching and love this build. Im going to keep an eye on this thread for further tips tho lol.

@YIPIKIYA If you are running a Urad/Pearl/Front Loader setup with a Red Fang and you like that, I would suggest you try the Urad/Deathless/Transformer option. I know it is counterintuitive that running a Deathless would result in more survival, but it does because of the way the Deathless interacts with Shared Spirit and Hive Mind. The pet takes most of the damage for Fl4k that way and you won’t even miss the Pearl.

1 Like

Ok I will try that but what deathless do you think would be best? There’s so many variations.