Flash drive help

I have Borderlands 2 Game of the year edition
I am offline only.
I have a Xbox 360.
Due to low storage I was unable to have more than one of the DLCs loaded at one time.
So no Grog Nozzle / Sandhawk combinations etc.
I put a flash drive in and now have all DLCs at once.
I beat Pyro Pete again after completing the story and now I can’t farm because he is locked. Saying one or more players beat this boss today . Luckily he dropped the Hoplite so I got the gear for Miya and went to Hyperious the invincible and beat him.
Days later I can’t activate Hyperious for the same reason as Pete.
My Flash drive has not been removed since instillation if this matters.
Is there something I’m doing wrong or can change with my flash drive to correct this problem ?

1 Like

I have never encountered this problem myself but if I were to have a guess I imagine your issue is stemming from the Xbox 360 resetting the date on your console everytime you turn it off. Thus borderlands registers that it’s still the same day as when you originally beat him.

So try correcting the date loading up the game and trying again.

Ideally if you could get your Xbox online and download the latest patch this restriction of only beating an invincible once a day would be removed.

1 Like

It’s because you are off-line and don’t have the title update installed. Initially GBX did indeed have a 24-hour timer on all the DLC raid bosses, but they patched that out fairly early.

1 Like

OK thanks.
I thought it was a coincidence that I had just started using a flash drive to have all four DLCs active.
I saw somewhere that changing the date on my system would allow farming of these date locked bosses ??

1 Like

I think that should do the trick (especially if your console is not connected to the internet so can’t update the system clock automatically). Never tried it though, since I’m using the fully patched version of the game.

1 Like

Yeah, changing the date would unlock it for another try, however it won’t do so permanently it will just give you one more opportunity to beat them. So maybe set the clock to about 23:30 so that you can face them twice in a play session.

Unfortunately the only permanent unlock will be downloading the patch.

1 Like

Bummer.
I wonder will that patch negatively affect other parts of the game

1 Like

It was this update: Update v1.6.0 (Released August 29, 2013), which included a lot of fixes, tweaks, and changes.

Details here:

1 Like

OK thanks.
Will the update allow for back to back kills of the timed bosses ?

Now to find an internet connection.
Ha-ha , it’s bad to live in the stone age.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve done that myself. You need to trip the reset on the arena/map (usually by doing a save-quit-restart), although there’s a gate glitch you can do with Hyperius.

1 Like