Forced gamemodes

When i started this game on friday i could choose between maps. now we get a voting system that makes it al more difficult because some people that dont want that voted map just goes afk

And also can u make the last tower a bit more stronger after the enemy destroy the first sentry u dont have alot of chances to fight back

I made this same post yesterday and GB replied saying they only did this to speed up match making and wouldn’t stay like this.

Their post:

JythriRandy V. - GBX Creative Director

18h

We’re playing with our tech for beta. Last night, we disabled the mode-specific playlists for a single master playlist with voting. Notice how we did that without patching! Notice also how it (for a short time) kicked everyone out of games. We’re fixing that right now.

I hope we can support exactly what you’re asking. We have the technology to do it (once we work out a few kinks). The bigger issue for us here is queue time. Every time we give you a different playlist option, we divide the base of active players into smaller pools. That means the time it takes to find a match in each queue gets longer. This effect is negligeable if you have, say, a million people waiting to queue in. It’s a pretty dramatic effect when you get back down to just hundreds or thousands of characters waiting to login.

My belief is that there are generally two camps of players in this: the group who wants to play ONLY what they want, when they want; and the group who just wants to get into anything AS FAST AS FREAKING POSSIBLE. I want to try and take care of both types of players.

Right now, our working plan for launch is to have the three pools for competitive, one for each mode: INCURSION, MELTDOWN, CAPTURE. At launch, there will be multiple maps for each of those modes, so there will still be voting. But at least you will be playing the MODE you want. In addition, we’re considering offering one or two other playlist buttons - A “QUICK MATCH” button which would have a mix of all modes, and/or a “FEATURED MATCH” button which would take one map/mode combo and match you right into that (sort of a recognized community favorite or special promotion map).

TLDR; - I think we have you covered, but we’re trying to find the balance between good choices and longer matchmaking queues.

1 Like

I too have made a post regarding this, as have dozens of others since this new voting system came out.

1. I never had an issue finding a game. No matter what mode I choose I found games usually within about 45 seconds. I see zero difference in the time it takes to find games now.

2. Games are chalked full of leavers and afks. You cant force people to play what they don’t want to… they simply wont and it ruins the fun for everyone else.

3. Devs have answered every single post with the same answer about lowering que times… yet I havnt seen one player in support of this style yet. Why not just listen to your player base and revert to the original style… its pretty obvious people would rather wait a little longer to play what they enjoy.

You can pick between Meltdown and Incursion again, and not just a random queue and vote, they are separate queues again.

Excellent News