[Forum Bug] Images Not Showing For All Users

Here’s an odd one. Apparently at random, an image will fail to show up for some users even though it’s visible to everyone else.

For example, the following post displays a “broken link” icon inside the space reserved for the image for me, but others see the image displayed correctly:

FWIW I’m running Firefox 42.0 (Mac). I have NoScript installed, but all scripts are allowed for the forums. Here’s what I see:

Had something of the sort happen to me for user avatars and correct itself in a span of 2 hours.

I was trying to see if I could recreate the issue. When did it start mate?

This has been going on for a while. I’ve seen broken links pretty much since these forums became official, as has @Kitty_Jo and others. It seems to be pretty random though. (And I don’t think it’s related to the Avatar issue - that seemed to be a CSS hiccup combined with transparent background images?)

Hmmm. I see.

You may be right about that. They keep fixing themselves, that is the oddest bit. It happens rarely for me, and nearly never happens on my PC (just my Tablet and Phone).

If it’s a tablet/phone issue, it could just be delays in fetching specific CSS files (or, a side effect of pre-loading content before everything is fully transferred - browsers do some funky things to try and get that “instant” page load.)

Who is that KerMaster guy, He seems like a noob…

2 Likes

Another example of the same problem:

@Kitty_Jo’s picture is just showing up as a broken link for me. @discourse - any ideas?

Strange. It’s showing just fine for me.

What file type is it showing as if you check the image properties?

png.

Hmm - that shouldn’t break. I have no idea what’s going on there.

This is the problem. For some, it shows. Others, it’s broken.

And this isn’t just with my posts. I’ve seen broken images from others which are clearly seen by some other users.