FPS issues - Details inside

First off, here’s my computer specs:

Processor: Intel core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz & 2.40GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
System: 64 bit
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (I’m on a laptop)
Windows 8

Now I know FPS issues get brought up a lot, but I’m was really hopeful to play this game so I wanted to give some specific information on my problem in case it might help. Unfortunately I requested a refund after I found no way to get my frames up. I’ve tried going into the NVIDIA control panel and making sure it’s on high performance, not adaptive, tried turning some effects off in the INI file, played with minimum settings (aside from resolution which I am not really willing to budge on), and made sure my drivers are up to date.

What I specifically noticed after some testing was that some maps I was able to hit 60FPS consistently and stay there. It was the desert and tundra maps. The maps with grass (as well as one of the other icy maps for some reason) made the frame rate drop to anywhere from 30-45. The prologue also was not hitting 60. I’m able to play most games at 60 FPS and I think my graphics card is only slightly worse than the recommended GTX660. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think this game should be quite as taxing as it is such that I can’t get consistent performance even on minimal settings. If I was able to get a consistent 60 FPS (and hopefully be able to at least turn some shadows on/ textures up) I would gladly repurchase this game.