Frame Rate - At My Wits' End

Hello,

So I’ve been experiencing quite an unusual technical phenomenon with Borderlands: TPS. What’s happening is my game is acting as if there is v-sync enabled, which of course means there is a frame limit on the game. There are a couple of odd things about this though: first is the fact I don’t have v-sync enabled on the game at all; and second of all, the frame rate is very sporadic, meaning it isn’t at all consistent. E.g. my frame rate is 60 in the menus, but in-game it’s locked at ~30.

Now I’ve tried various solutions, which include messing with the in-game settings as well as checking the Nvidia control panel to see if v-sync was being forced externally - none warranted any success.

One thing I have discovered, however, is that my CPU is only being used to half its capability (50%), this trend is the same for my RAM as well (only ~3GB is being used out of 8). Not sure about my GPU but I’d iamgine it’s the same. So maybe the game isn’t utilizing my hardware properly, I guess? The peculiar thing is that this doesn’t happen to any other game that I’ve played, names include GTA V, Fallout 4 and Rainbow Six Siege just to name a few.

I’ve tried a plethora of other things as well in a deperate attempt to resolve this issue. I’ve tried reinstalling my game, updating my drivers, restarting my PC - nothing. At this point I’m at a loss as to what to do. I’ve tried searching for solutions on the Internet as well with no avail. As I said, this is the only this game it happens to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,

Triicell.

Specs:

Nvidia GTX 670
AMD 4100 CPU - 3.6 GHz
8 GB RAM