Fraud? requesting a refund

after all of these massive changes game is no longer fun.
purchased a fun game and a week later they completely changed the gameplay. i feel cheated and would like my money back.
please advise.
thank you.

2 Likes

You will have to contact the place you purchased it from.

1 Like

i also want a refund! this is not normal!!!

1 Like

Yes, it is the way devs are not responsible for their bad work.

I can has your gears?

1 Like

Natrually you would try to contact the platform you got it on. But if it is a console you will probably not get one. Epic games might refund you though if your playing on PC. But usually devs dont refund stuff just because some patches made things a bit less broken so it is a big ask… Good luck my friend, you will need it.

1 Like

jaco, i dont mind bugs and truly broken things ex. pipebomb, skills not working, action skills that were never play tested on higher difficulties.
changing values by 100% is the same as selling an apple then switching it for an orange. good or bad it is not what i purchased. if this were an early access beta i would not say anything.
i will contact epic games. thank you for the guidance.

1 Like

Eh, fair enough but if you ask me the game has only improved. Some unintended stuff fixed and bad stuff bufed to a repsectable state. You do whatever you feel you must though.

3 Likes

The game has not improved anything, have been with the same bugs weeks without fixing them.

3 Likes

Lots of big changes can be fixed with simple hotfixes. They require large patches which take lots of testing and then also need to go tbough certification by each platform they are deployed on. As you know patches are launched simulations for most game across all platforms so these things take time. Originally the 30 day patch was planned but I would assume based on all the feedback they wanted to push it back to make more quality changes.

As a person who played Battleborn we lived with menu bugs and not even getting proper scores in story missions for months on end and that was a live game that required internet to even play. I imagine they are working very fast and as hard as they can to make this game fun and balanced.

1 Like

I can’t blame you. I wish they prioritized fixing bugs as much as balancing weapons.

1 Like

If you believe all these excuses it seems fine, but that is not the reality.
If they really test something, the game wouldn’t be as broken as it is.
They are just excuses to hide its incompetence.
I paid for a complete game, not for a beta, at this point all the excuses you can tell me I don’t care anymore, everything has a limit and Gearbox has exceeded it.
It is as simple as you take the same attitude in your work, we will see what lasts.

3 Likes

did you actually know the value you were purchasing before you bought the game? The could easily have made it 5000% worse and you would be clueless. did you ask gb what the value of every weapon will be before you bought the game? otherwise you don’t have a leg to stand on.

4 Likes

This post is honestly wow.

I hope you get your refund and you can move on to a different game, I truly do.

2 Likes

traveller, they released to select streamers prior to launch to showcase the gameplay. i purchased based on their experiences with the game. after purchasing i experienced the same joy and then shortly after, the “fun” my purchase was based on got “nerfed” and changed. so. yes. i feel cheated.
these are not simple 5 or 10 percent tweaks. they fundamentally changed core aspects of gameplay. i consider that fraud.

1 Like

i agree 100% i play games for over 35 years i never seen somthing like this before than they say we want you to use other guns?i do what i want you dont need to tell me what to do wtf am realy frustrated to you pay 100 dollars for fun and you get this ■■■■!

if you read the various hotfix notes, you will see that clearly they have improved many things.
with regards the other bugs, if you have read all the comments and/or seen the couch streams you would know that certain bugs are not simple fixes like changing a number on weapon damage and are buried deep in the code. these things need deep investigation and testing as changing code at that level can easily have a cascade effect on other thins in the coding.

1 Like

At this moment I don’t care anymore. If the game were tested before launching it would not happen these things. Just as an example, guardian rank is bug, missions bugged, fps drop, connectivity, etc …
Honestly, I don’t watch devs streams, I don’t want to hear excuses, I want what I pay for, it’s simple.

Not at all but y
If you want money back you need to get it from the place you bought it from.

If I go buy Nike shoes from Target I go back to target to return then. Common practice really.