Free to play (3 days) and sale on Steam

You probably already know about it. (Beside it’s a little less than three days left.)
Something like $6.00 CDN for the basic BL2 game and $9.00 for the “Game of the year” edition. +$2,00 for the second VH upgrade. (lvl 60 -> 77 + Peak I think)
I’m trying it on my laptop. Seem to work. I didn’t Expect Borderlands 2 to be that demanding.
Thing is. I know absolutely nothing about Steam. I mean, I’ve heard about it but beside that… Could I play with “other PC users”? Or is a gated community?
The other thing is I made the mistake of selecting French as my language. (I’m french Canadian.) Something I never, ever do… And OMG it’s absolutely horrible. And not only the translation/voice acting but the keys are based on the French AZERTY kb!!!
Anyone know if I’ll be stuck with that if I decide to buy the game?

Or should I just look in used game store for a PC disc?

2 Likes

I believe you can change localisation settings any time. And yes, steam is made for online play, the vast majority of people on PC use steam.

3 Likes

Online yes I know but can you play with any pc online players or just the Steam community?
I know I could ask these questions elsewhere but I feel more comfy here.
Borderlands community rocks!

1 Like

Technically, no, if another user isn’t on steam, you can’t play together. But I believe that very few pc gamers would not be on Steam. BL2 requires steam to work at all, iirc.

3 Likes

Is there a non-Steam version of BL2? I’ve never heard of it.

If this is your first foray into Steam, don’t sweat it. It’s a pretty good game “container” (friends, chat client, automatic updates if you’re so inclined, games are transferable across computers, and some other stuff I don’t really use or know about). If you’d like, I can add you as a friend and when you see me online, I can answer questions about it.

4 Likes

That pretty much answer my question! lol
Sorry. Used to be a PC gamer… but that was in the last millenium!
Now I just need to get rid of that ?%$#$% french thing… Or start another account.
Just imagine playing a game in Londonian Posh slang… French Canadians and French from Frances are two wholly different things.
Beside, the acting sucks!

3 Likes

To change Steam’s language : Settings–Interface

To change BL2’s language : from Library, right click “Borderlands 2”–Settings–Language

I hope I understand your problem correctly, Frenglish is my second language :stuck_out_tongue:
( I can say that 'cuz I’m from British Columbia :smiley: )

Otherwise, yes Steam is the standard portal to co-oping - in fact I don’t even know if you get the game without Steam ; you can find a few of us here - including me :grin:

A lot of us PC players use the same name and profile pic.

3 Likes

Someone want me to “turn my coat” @Jefe ?
Not ready for that. I’ve invested too much time on my PS characters. But I’ll look at it. I really won’t have too much free time in the coming days but I’ll look at it.
Thanks for the info bud. I shouldn’t be hard to recognize either. Or on Youtube or any other platform.

2 Likes

Is there a “forum permissable” way to bring console character saves over to PC that can be discussed?

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if there were things I was unaware of or official cross-platform save support since I have only ever used PC. Maybe one day Shift will offer “cloud” saves to be used on any platform?

2 Likes

Language fixed. Was on the right way by myself for steam but couldn’t find the “ok” button. My bad. Remembered someone (VaultHunter101) said something about it I digged before throwing the laptop through the window! :laughing::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::scream::roll_eyes:Saw the added info about game language. Thanks.

So I tried my new and fully functional pc Borderlands 2. Thinking keyboard and mouse would be a significant improvement… Yeah… NO! Either it’s been too long since I’ve gamed on PC or I played Borderlands for too long with a controller. Either way, I’ll need a controler.

Saw something about “Steam controller”. Not too sure what it is. Also the “Big picture thing”. What is it?
So any suggestion before I spend money on a controller? I think I need a xbox compatible , right? What about this “steam controller” thing?

2 Likes

Big Picture is just a full screen interface. I don’t like it at all.

XB controllers have a USB end as they are so if you have one already, it’s plug and play. The game will recognize that it’s plugged in - you might just have to do some minor stuff in the game settings ( from the game’s menu ).

I don’t know about PS controllers. I don’t know what Steam controller is. I use keyboard/mouse.

@Kurtdawg13 uses a XB controller on PC. He might have some more input.

2 Likes

Thinking about it my “problem” could simply be trying to play on the laptop kb… Beside having to learn a bunch of keys. Unfortunately I think I misplaced my usb kb with electronic stuff to recycle in my last apartment move. Oh well, I’ll see. I have 3 zillions things to do right now so it’s not exactly on the rush list.

1 Like

I am controller dependent. I have gone thru 2 controllers since moving to PC. My recent purchase was an xbox1/windows 10 game controller. Works beautifully. Stay away from the cheap ones that are 360/windows pc as they are outdated and perform horribly. I tried saving money in thinking a controller is a controller. Why pay extra? I found out you get what you pay for.

4 Likes

Yup. I don’t always go for the higher end but always avoid the so called “bargain”.

3 Likes