Frigate, Capital, & Super-Capital Kamikazi

Title is pretty obvious for the intent.
I think that these classes, and in fact
every ship, should have the option to kamikazi.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Though appealing, I think that would do more harm than good? Not sure.

1 Like

I just find it weird that I can kamikazi my resource collectors or strike-craft squadrons and not do the same with my near-dead in-the-red battlecruiser/carrier.

You could sort of do that in Homeworld classic by colliding your ship into another… tricky…tended to work best with vessels that couldn’t scoot out of the way of an oncoming collision. Or a dead on hyperspace jump…though I never managed that myself.

some type of collision control was created for HW2 that pretty much stopped these things happening.

1 Like

Collision should be in the game if possible, and if not, then kamikaze for nearly any ship. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

I don’t know. It sounds like a lot of fun, but also a balancing nightmare? No?

Everyone crashing into each other and stuff.

2 Likes

If you get rammed by a capital ship then, really, you deserve everything you get… :stuck_out_tongue:

The damage values from kamikazi can be tweaked, we know that, this is just about whether or not it should be a feature. ^^

Hyperjumping into a rock could be hilarious.

2 Likes

It is possible to enable collisions in HWRC but it crashes the game in big battles, in HW2 I never had this issue, It worked pretty well but you will need to tweak a lot of maneuverability values for the fighters, they are the most vulnerable in that mode.

1 Like

Give me Ramming Speed!

Of course this should be in game I can just see a hopelesly outmatched Heavy Cruiser ramming another in defense of a mothership.

Camera should follow it with dramatic music too :smile:

A bit long fun starts at 3 min :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Prepare for RAMMING speed!!!

Actually, it all does sound like a lot of fun.

2 Likes

For a long time we had this on over in the HW:@ mod in HW2, but had to turn it off because it was too hard to tune the fighter AI enough to keep them from accidentally crashing into things when making attack runs on them. Unless that can be corrected, I think I’d be in favor of giving kamikaze abilities to capital ships. Trying to ram things seems to have often been a factor in HW1 MP replays, and this seems a decent way to at least partially bring that back.

2 Likes

if it is done just dont forget that it always needs:

All power to engines!

3 Likes

I can already hear it in my head! Haha.

Or something like “Ramming speed!”

Ps. I’m also…like…all over your ■■■■ right now it seems, antibitx. lol

1 Like

Or…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_hGOFukMQ

2 Likes

:unamused: And those Bean counters in imperial accounts said an auxiliary bridge was a waste of money…tut. .just shows what they know.

3 Likes

Someone make a ramming mod :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would; but it’d rather it was an actual feature of the vanilla game. ^^