From IGN Youtube

Thoughts?

Edit: This clip contains no news whatsoever, so don’t bother me with crap like this! - @Ronnie_Rayburn

7 Likes

Objection, your honor: speculation

Also, “Finally gonna be getting the heck off the wasteland that is Pandora.” Borderlands without some wasteland wouldn’t seem very Borderlands-y, no? Also, I think they rocked the rubbish levels in BL2 quite well; some maps were full of them, almost like BL1, where other maps were fairly pristine.

If we do go elsewhere (which is fine), I’d be surprised if, for example, Atlas treated Promethea with an eye towards environmental conservation and it won’t be similarly wasted.

10 Likes

I think this video is misleading and building into a dangerous hype train. We haven’t heard much of BL3 so I wouldn’t hold my breath. It’s basically confirmed that BL3 won’t even be at E3 2018. On the subject of going somewhere else I think changing location is fine as I want to see some colorful lush environments but I want them to be harsh. I agree with @Adabiviak that it needs to feel like a wasteland in some sense otherwise the theme could feel off. Borderlands has always been outlandish and oddly terrifying to marvel at the enemies of Pandora (Goliath’s are scary). If it isn’t strange and obscene it will feel foreign. Overall I think this video is a bit of a waste of time to be honest. It’s re treading water we’ve already discussed.

The worst part and the cardinal sin of this video is one thing: “Patricia ‘Lannis’” :pensive:

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

The only thing good about that video was the way they did the cuts in the intro - that was a nice job.

5 Likes

Ehhh whatever, hopefully the recent rumors about the BL1 Remaster are true though.

2 Likes

It would be nice, for sure. Also a great way to “warm up” for an actual announcement about youknowhwat.

3 Likes

Exactly. I hate to sound negative, but I feel like we’re still nowhere near BL3, and this would be a great way for them to buy some time and please their fans/prevent them from getting pissed off. lol

3 Likes

It’s just one whole heap of ‘meh’ from me, I’m afraid. Speculation following speculation, not worth the click.

5 Likes

I wish there was a button you could click. One like… “This clip contains no news whatsoever, so don’t bother me with crap like this!”

And the thing that would be even better was if the content creator had access to that button themselves, so that they could click it for you, and save the world from wasting effort on their crap. I’d like that a lot! :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

AMEN! @Ronnie_Rayburn

2 Likes

In my opinion I don’t care how long it takes for Gearbox to make Borderlands 3 (Or whatever they are going to call it) just as long as it’s beautifully well crafted, filled to the brim (Huh :thinking: thats a skill) with loot, and finally a true Borderlands. I don’t want to play Destiny, I want to play Borderlands.

7 Likes

LMAO, you caught that too, eh? :smirk:

you’re hilarous Jhunter. I’m with ya! :acmaffirmative:

I hadn’t seen that IGN clip. Thanks @nat_zero_six
As to any thoughts about this… I don’t think its coming till 2019 at the earliest. could be later for all I know. but I reserve judgement and opinions till its here. Gearbox hasn’t failed in this franchise yet, imo. I’ve loved them all. so I’m sure this one won’t be any different in terms of me enjoying it for what it is. Vault Hunter for Life! :sunglasses::muscle:t2::metal:t2:

5 Likes

I’ll second you on the big big Meh good sir.
Also I’ve never been much of a fan of such flashnews videos :thinking: basically no info, or too quickly told without much insight :sweat_smile: let the developers do what they want and wait…

Also I’m surprised it’s rarely been brought up, but man all these leaks are pretty much like trying to reveal the trick behind the magic - I can’t imagine how much these must sadden our favorite magician RP :tophat:

3 Likes

meh. Another “click bait”. There’s nothing we or they know bout what Borderlands “3” will be.

Not too sure about that. Would they re-start an online server for it? Or will it only be local play?
That’s what make me really suspicious about that rumor.
Never been a fan of rumor anyways.

There’s one thing about E3 thou. We’ve heard ad nauseam that Bdl3 won’t be there. That mean the full game won’t be there with release date and all that. I would be surprised if there’s not any announcement about the game,

2 Likes

I went back to that moment twice to be sure that’s what I heard her say.

And I’m guessing on an end-of-year 2019 release for the new one.

3 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Thread derailment posts here please!

You can play BL1 on-line currently on 360, XB1 (backwards compatible), PS3, and PC (Steam). The issue with the GameSpy servers was resolved a while ago.

7 Likes

And I thought you were going to shut down the derailment. :rofl:

5 Likes

Since you mention it… Let’s keep things on topic, eh? Thanks!

3 Likes