From NVHM to UVHM

How many in this forum have tried to go from NVHM mode to UVHM just by using what they found along the way AND not farming or using guns etc. from other toons or mules?I got stuck facing Saturn in UVHM (random gods in UVHM were not kind to me) and had to borrow a couple of stored weapons to down him.

1 Like

My first of each class, from 0-72. Hardest part for me was Opportunity. Jacks body double was a bitch.

3 Likes

My first character did, but as more of them made the journey and came across fine loot, subsequent characters had progressively easier times of it with those hand-me-downs.

2 Likes

My first run I did that obviously, and since then I keep saying I’m going to do it again but I always cave in and hand down various legendaries and good uniques and purples from others. I always end up hitting the golden chest now and then too…I just can’t resist! :wink:

2 Likes

With my First 6 I did it that way with all of them- with the New 6 I’ve used a lot of the gear I have stashed on mules, especially since at last count I have at least 200+ pieces of level 72 gear alone- might as well pass it around…

3 Likes

I did that on all my playthroughs and I still do it. I have no mules and no intention of creating any. Wasn’t even that difficult, to be honest. I think I might have used some golden keys at some point once or twice, but that was it, really. I only start farming after reaching 72. The idea you need specific items/top gear to get through UVHM is false. It sure helps a lot, but it isn’t necessary.

3 Likes

Like everyone else pretty much, first character. Second and following were spaced out about 5 levels apart on average, and got hand-me downs. I did very little farming, most of which amounted to completing level 50 quests for blue unique rewards. I’ve mentioned a few times that, although I do occasionally actually farm stuff, I get bored with it very easily and so usually stop when the count hits “eight” (or something).

3 Likes

Farming in a playthrough kills the fun, enjoying every single piece of loot makes the game 1000000x better imo.

4 Likes

I have kept every legendary and special guns like the plasma I found, by level. So now I have about 2 mules per level collected over the years. But I get bored very quickly changing out every couple of levels so I always go back to a clean raw runs which are far more satisfying.

2 Likes

Going from NVHM to UVHM (as in end of TVHM) without farming or pass downs I’ve done plenty of times, but I’ve never played through UVHM without doing any farming. I’ve always at least picked up a couple of Bees along the way for some situations or there’s some gun I want to pick up along the way so I go farm it.

2 Likes

I always intend to hand stuff down to now characters, then forget what I have until I am over leveled for it. I also don’t have the patience for farming so just use what I find along the way. Having said that, I have never reach OP8 either.

1 Like

At first, I would keep everything good (still do to some extent, but I’m bit of a loot packrat in BL2), and pass down using mules, but then as I got better at the game I started just getting stuff along the way. As a unrepentant bee-hawker at times (like with Saturn or the Warrior or any other health tank really), I never had too much trouble in UVHM because that gear is easy to farm for (or a bee and some other powerful thing to use with it), then I would wrap up any remaining levels to 72 with DLC’s. I normally did a quick re-set mid OP levels to gear up for the final push to OP8, but again that was after my first couple of characters of which I used hand me downs and rocket jumping Digistruct Peak.

1 Like