Full Diamond Clears!

I’m annoyed they didn’t apply retroactively.

I have like 200k on Void’s Edge and it’s just gold lol.

2 Likes

When you get a diamond score, it will change your 200k score on the stat screen to diamond, even though your diamond run was the one that was only 100k or whatever. I know, because I also have like 230 or 240k as my voids edge high scores and they switched.

Also chiming in to show my membership in the 32 diamond club :wink:

2 Likes

Reminds me of playing Star Fox 64 before I could use the internet.
I would run through game stores searching for what scores were needed to medal a mission. (Now we can just use this thread :smiley: )

1 Like

CONGRATZ BADASS ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED !!!

I got like 1 diamond rating :joy:

2 Likes

I still don’t have any. I’m definitely going to play the moment I’m back from Ireland :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

On Ops and Diamond scores:
We do disable diamond scores for those at launch, until we have better data on score ranges to set the diamond requirements at the appropriate level.

6 Likes

Any chance of releasing a chart for the different thresholds? I think these are being hotfixed in or kept server side.

@lowlines As far as my experience goes, as long as you have 4+ players who have a decent idea of how to play you’ll get diamond naturally from just beating the missions. It can be done with 3, but everyone has to perform exceptionally. For instance, two of my friends and I ran Heliophage Normal Hardcore and destroyed it. We cleared the entire middle section, looted every box, got most of the boss score drops, and we still only got gold. Later that day we added one friend and ran it basically the exact same and pulled the diamond.
It’s also worth nothing that while we were in a full party of 5 we could completely ignore the challenges and still pull diamond.
Another thing we noticed is that (aside from Hardcore, obviously) lives didn’t seem to matter. We were able to play unfamiliar characters and loose a decent amount of lives and still pull diamonds on advanced.
@Jythri I’m not sure if this helps you guys get a feel for the experience of getting diamond was, but I personally think it was pretty fair. Exceptionally good players seem to be able to pull diamond in a 3, maybe even 2 man party, but it took a good knowledge of your characters as well as the specific mission. 5 players who know the ropes seem almost a shoein for diamond, but if the players are new and not quite familiar with characters and maps then they might find it much more challenging. It feels nearly spot on to me.

1 Like

I know. I’m just in the business of making reference guides for hungry players who seek information by the truckload. :yum:

3 Likes

@lowlines in the upcoming week or so I might try to make time for running these all solo for gold and posting my gold scores to try and find a better ballpark figure for diamond. Maybe that will help new players get a general idea of how close they are to breaking through to diamond ranks.

1 Like

Is mission time a factor in getting Diamond ranks? My brother and I are thinking about trying to go for all diamond clears duo but we don’t know the parameters which determine your score.

1 Like

No. Mission time doesn’t matter. I grinded the swarmers in Algorithm Normal with El Dragon to complete his clothesline lore and pulled a Diamond with well over an hour play time in the mission. Nor do challenges, really, so don’t sweat it if you’re not completing them all. Lives don’t really matter either, at least in Advanced. Extra lives will get you a slightly bigger score, but don’t be worried if you lose a couple here and there. The thing you REALLY want to make sure you do is open every single chest you find and grab the bonus score drops from them and especially from any boss. More kills and buildables and such will also boost your score, but the bonus score drops are your main concern.
And in Defensive maps like Experiment and Sabatuer, the amount of HP remaining on the points you defend doesn’t matter either. They can have 1HP remaining, as long as you complete the mission it won’t hurt your score.

1 Like

Technically, more lives means more extra scores (the yellow ones) whenever you defeat a boss or open one of the large six-item chests (and Ops Points chests in Story Ops). Since there’s only a small number of those per mission, and since the increment per extra life are quite small, one or two lost lives don’t matter too much.

3 Likes

@VaultHunter101
It makes such a small impact though that it’s not noticeable. My group has done multiple normal runs where we take throwaway characters we never play and lose a lot of lives and still pull diamond by a wide margin. We did a run on Heliophage Normal and we lost every single one of our lives and I had to frantically finish off Rendain by myself we and still got diamond. I know lives make a difference in bonus score drops and such, I’m just saying that you can lose over half your lives and still pretty easily get a diamond rank if your overall character scores are decent and you picked up every chest. I guess lives make more of a difference the fewer players you have, but if you’re running a full party you can goof off the whole time and still get diamond by a wide margin. Obviously on Advanced you’ll want to play it a little cooler to make sure you don’t wipe in the last boss fight, but overall it’s not really that hard to get diamonds.

1 Like

That’s pretty much it. I play mostly solo PvE. In SOLO, every little score is potentially the difference between diamond and gold. With a 5-player team, you can go full sloppy and still hit diamond with a comfortable margin. Obviously, I’d just as soon spend the extra few minutes (cumulative) in a mission to ensure I’m maxing my score. I’m known to pass up the bonus chests along the way and come back to them after I’ve taken every possible opportunity to find even one more extra life. I avoid using splash damage and AoE attacks against grouped enemies with quick-kill bonuses (Evolved Thrall, Varelsi Scavens, etc), preferring to focus on getting those bonuses. I’d wager that solo is actually harder than COOP, at least for scoring.

You can thank BL2 and STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, that I’m a little insane about finding every last tiny bit of loot that I can, and re-running missions/quests until I’m satisfied with my result. :wink:

1 Like

Okay another question-Is it possible to duo Diamond ranks? I just tried one with a random (Level 5, to be fair) and we got a score of only 55k duo (gold rank). Would I need more people for more spawns, or is the ranking system adjusted per person in the group?

1 Like

You can solo every diamond rank. You have to get quick kill bonuses though, which is something random people can screw up for you and tank your score.

Really you don’t even need to get that many quick kill bonuses as long as you’re looting everything and making sure you grab yellow score orbs before they disappear.

Toby and Marquis are best, in my opinion, for getting quick kills. By “quick kills” it really pretty much comes down to “did I one shot them?” as to whether you get base score or some amount of the bonus, as the window of time until the bonus disappears is usually gone by the time you can get another shot off. Basically, you gotta get good at headshotting consistently, and bring attack damage or critical hit damage gear to make sure your headshots are one-shotting the enemy.

3 Likes

The score margin doesn’t seem to be adjusted based on amount of players. In fact, from what I could tell it’s around the same threshold even across difficulty levels. But it’s still possible to get Diamon in a Duo. You can get it solo too. But the less players you have to more difficult it will be. It’s ideal to have a full party, because then it becomes a cakewalk. But a full party PUG is more likely to have one or two new players who isn’t performing well enough to pull the big scores and that can hurt you. Normally carrying new players isn’t bad. In fact it can be fun to roll in with a 5 spot PUG and just crush :wink: but if you’re shooting for diamond I’d say get at least a 3 man going and run it private. But the more the merrier.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it!

1 Like

@Beatrix
No worries! =]
I’m glad I could help!
It’s a shame we don’t play on the same console, or I’d help you get your Diamonds.
But I’m sure if you made a post asking PS4 players for some help that they’d be more than happy to help. The community here is pretty amazing.

1 Like