This isn’t a “real build” per se, but it’s some of the most fun I ever had with Maya. Older members might remember this one from the old forums, but I’m bringing it back up because of some of the Maya buffs, in particular Cloud Kill. This skill adds a new dimension to this build and indeed any build because of the damage potential, and healing potential with Life Tap or Moxxi weapons…
Anyway, I won’t get too detailed into this, but here’s the overview.
###Key skill notes
- Fleet is always active due to our gear choices
- Suspend, Quicken, and Wreck support using Phaselock to burst down problematic enemies
- Converge, Ruin, and Helios work beautifully together for Phaselock
- Kinetic Reflection and Sweet Release give a bit of extra sustainability on top of Moxxi healing
- Accelerate, Foresight, Inertia, and Reaper give good all-around DPS. One point into Mind’s Eye to use the Class Mod boost for Kitten.
- Immolate and Flicker are optional, note that Immolate works at 0 HP, meaning Moxxi weapons actually disable it if you deal damage after going down. Flicker isn’t really needed for Slow Hand due to its huge effect rates. But Backdraft wouldn’t have don much and Slow Hand doesn’t trigger Chain Reaction.
- Practicable Slow Hand (Fire)
- This has been getting a lot of love recently, and for good reason. It fires huge area-effect pellets and has your average Moxxi healing effect. Since it actually does quite a lot of damage, this is great. The “downside” is the fact that it can’t deal Critical Hits.
- Hyperion or Bandit Grip
- Torgue or Hyperion Stock
- Swift Kitten (Corrosive)
- I prefer this to Slow Hand in Corrosive because scoring criticals on Loaders is so easy with the Kitten it ought to be illegal. Yeah, Assault Rifles deal less Critical Damage, but it’s still a lot more than a body shot.
- Vladof or Bandit Grip
- Dahl Stock
- Longbow Sticky Quasar
- Bone of the Ancients (Fire)
- The Rough Rider
- This is the key to the gimmick of this build: Fleet. Rough Rider counts as having a depleted shield all the time, meaning we get lots of zip for free.
- Legendary Siren
- This is preferable to Banshee, in my opinion, because it bolsters damage and cooldown rate, while still giving some additional Movement Speed during Phaselock. We don’t use all the skills, but the ones we do use are worth it.
- Mind’s Eye
Here’s one from pre-buff, in OP8 Bloodshot Stronghold.
Here’s one by @Derch, with buffed Cloud Kill at the OP8 WEP