Future of Battleborn

Please excuse my ignorance, I’ve been looking for an answer and can’t seem to find one. Is Beatrix the LAST battleborn character that will be/has been added? Has there been any talk of any more?

1 Like

There isn’t a confirmed answer yet.

1 Like

The last of the characters announced at launch. Absolutely nothing concrete, although if Nova in a Mech Suit doesn’t make an appearance at some point… well, let’s not even think about that. There’s one more update which will presumably add the last PvP mode (there’s a place holder for it on your stats page, in case you were wondering).

Gearbox is being its usual tight-lipped self about the future of BB, almost to the point of not having lips at all. Here GBX, have some lips and tell us something! :lips:

12 Likes

You know that one cheeky guy on twitter? Well unfortunately that will be the source.

1 Like

Gearbox wishes to continue after the Season pass was done. Nobody knows what 2K will allow.

Whatever that means.

6 Likes

Trains aren’t the good part if you’re in the tunnel

2 Likes

They are if you’re DRiVING the train (or, at least, riding it!)

1 Like

That’s the big question, where are we in this situation

3 Likes

If someone at Gearbox say something, they get fired. Or something like that.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t see myself or Anyone playing BB in a years time. There are too many issues, and not a lot of hope too live off of.

As for upcoming characters, highly unlikely. If anything, it will require 2 balence patches after to fix said new character :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s because you are basing that assumption off of your own belief that the game’s PVP balance problems matter to everyone. A lot of us play simply because we enjoy the characters and their banter, and couldn’t care less that Galilea and Boldur have no true counters outside of CC, that chain-stuns make certain comps unfair, or that certain gear items are straight-up broken. So long as Toby, Orendi and Shayne & Aurox keep making me laugh, i don’t care. Nothing Battleborn-related would make ME happier than off-line story play being implemented.

9 Likes

I’ve come to think of attikus and mell and el dragon as the Battleborn equivalent of Dan from street fighter. It’s like playing hard mode and props to anyone who can wreck me as those characters.

On topic. NOVA! If there is one, it better be her or I quit.

Not just PvP, but future plans in general. BB needs more polishing, and I don’t know how much more it will get. I also enjoy the game banter, but wish I didn’t have to go ONLINE to play. If there was ofline play (Or it gets implemented) then yes, I will play for a long time. As it stands, I have 2.5 hours of internet availible a day, for my ps4, and I don’t want to spend most of it in MM or offline.

2 Likes

ONLY 2.5 HOURS?! You better head up California-way; i hear they got a whole MESS of internet!

Grabs guitar and starts playing it. (YES, with flippers; SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH IT!!).

“Goin’ down the road, feelin’ bad…”
“I’m goin’ down the road, feelin’ bad…”
“Goin’ down the road, feelin’ bad, oh Lordy!”
“My internet done gone and went away…”

(DISCLAIMER: The above is ripped from the South Park episode “Over Logging”).

3 Likes

“Thay” must be a real bastard, if you think everyone like them shouldn’t exist… :smirk:

4 Likes

“Thay” is indeed a nasty piece of work - “Thay” are totally Other. And they pub-stomp noobs too! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sees ban notice.

Aww… I REALLY wanted the mystery of “thay” solved… :disappointed:

Anyways, does anyone else think there is going to be a super-secret Battleborn B-Day suprise?!

1 Like

Sexy Attikus bursting from a giant cake…

OH GREAT EAGLE!!! WHY THE ■■■■ DID I JUST WRITE THAT??? AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

6 Likes

So super duper secret that no one ever knows about it.

4 Likes

SHUT UP, IT’S POSSIBLE!!

Puts head in flippers and sobs.

3 Likes