Galilea Discussion

GALILEA, THE WRAITH OF BLISS

A sacred order within the Eldrid, the Arbiters of Being were charged with undermining the Jennerit Empire’s technology, and Galilea was its most promising warrior. Entrusting her with a long undercover mission, Galilea was embedded within the Jennerit and worked her way through the recruits of the Silent Sisters. During an attempt to sabotage their Sustainment technology, Ambra discovered and attacked Galilea, mortally wounding her. Once a close friend, Ambra attempted to use Sustainment to save Galilea’s life but it was only partially successful. Now unstable, immortal and reeking of life-draining dark energy, Galilea is at war with herself and her new powers as she hopes to find a new purpose among the Peacekeepers.

Galilea’s main weapons – her Greatsword and Greatshield – mark her as a deadly foe up-close, but that shield can also be launched at enemies. Also beware the dark energy that courses through Galilea – it can heal her in battle as well as siphon the health of enemies.

Galilea’s Profile Page

3 Likes

Galilea…

Magnificooooo.

Sorry, but I keep shifting between which I’m going to play as.

5 Likes

This is also the song i got in my head when i first heard the name.

1 Like

That song is practically in my head in perpetuity, and I genuinely look forward to playing it while keeping my shields up.

I was heavily leaning towards Rath, but no I don’t know.

She certainly fits the title of “Badass”.

[quote=“Giuvito, post:4, topic:1230711”]
I was heavily leaning towards Rath, but no I don’t know.
[/quote] I enjoyed Rath. But Galilea looks more versatile.

[quote=“Kaleidodemon, post:5, topic:1230711, full:true”]
She certainly fits the title of “Badass”.
[/quote] YES SHE DOES

She kinda reminds me of Athena from TPS, but even more badass. :dukeballs:

1 Like

Her design seems bland. I like her Shadowy ground creeping thingy though…also that skin tone is…unsettling and unflattering to her color scheme. As far as female gladiator’s go…ugh.

She’s basically the opposite of Attikus. She has the playability but not the looks.

The skin colour comes from her Jennerit past as she is an immortal, She was subjected to the very “Sustainment” process she attempted to sabotage within the Jennerit Empire.

The colours match the Peacekeepers, who she is now allied with to find purpose again.

Plus the sword and shield style will mainly come from her old Eldrid roots.

I personally think she looks great baring in mind she is technically from 3 different factions and its great to see that all the different parts of her past are shown in her design.

Also its nice to see more Female characters wearing more armor that actually looks like it will protect the wearer.

1 Like

I laughed so hard in my mind that i’m in tears. Kudos to you good sir.

1 Like

I think she will be the anti Miko battleborn. Her passive makes people take damage over time while she steals health.

1 Like

Is Galilea anyone else’s go~to pvp character?
K

she looks real promising, I really want to try out her lvl3 skill;

IT’S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE (which totally isn’t a zelda reference)
While Galilea’s health is full, swinging her Greatsword unleashes a ranged blast of energy. +133 Damage

1 Like

Realistically though I wonder with her healing factor how often that will be available.

The healing skill (lvl4) is under the Desecrate ability which has an cooldown timer of 26sec

+60 healing per second for the duration of Desecrate which lasts 8 seconds: 60x8=480 maximum health
At LVL6 there is a skill to extend Desecrate with 3 seconds: 60x11=660 maximum health

How much health do heroes have at LVL6 ? By looking over some old multiplayer gameplay footage most heroes reached lvl6 here are the numbers on their health gauges. Some are a approximate guesses, but it is look and see how effective Galilea could potentially heal. (btw. there also has been some balancing done, so don’t take the numbers as facts)

Ambra +/- 1074
Benedict +/- 1024
Boldur +/- 2000
Caldarius +/-1346
ISIC +/- 1440
Marquis +/-1100
Mellka +/- 1200
Miko +/- 1580
Montana +/- 2300
Orendi +/- 1155
Phoebe +/- 1345
Rath +/- 1176
Reyna +/- 1355
Thorn +/- 1345

Removing the 2 highest and the 2 lowest makes an average of 1304,2 Health
1304,2 : 660 = 1,9760606060606060606060606060
So Galilea can restore a half health gauge of most heroes.
Galilea is a hero that does support as a side job on weekends. She is capable, but she is an more offensive character. Think of her as the opposite of Miko. Miko is more support (heal) focus and also knows how to attack, Galilea is more attack focus and also knows how to heal.

In a battle playing as Rath, if i start an encounter with CATALYTIC SMASH i can “end” the fight with that same ability (pre-ultimate skill spamming). CATALYTIC SMASH has an cooldown of 17 seconds. As Galilea’s DESECRATE has an cooldown of 26 seconds, it looks like you can bring this skill once too every “big” encounter (moving from 1 lane to the other).

1 Like

And thankfully, seems to be not as annoying as Phoebe :acmferro:

I think she will be a hold the fort battleborn

I didn’t even read the name of the skill, but it reminded me of the first zelda game when I read it, good to know gearbox is keeping the references

Was looking through some of the new incursion videos and saw this new Galilea skin

2 Likes

Getting a bit of a Captain America vibe!! Can’t wait to see all the skins.