Game API's and permissions for fan programming

Hello

I wrote some apps for skyrim, swtor, dust, warframe and destiny. Sadly all of them eventually got pulled from android marketplace for one reason or another. The skyrim app had great reviews, I had released the source, did not use any art or images from the game and it was still pulled. This was after 4 or 5 years of being available and ranked high with thousands of users. It was a database of alchemy recipes so it did not need art just the words used in the game.

I would like to write another companion app, but this time get permission to do so beforehand. I’m thinking it would be cool to have a handheld app to track progression and stats of the characters you play. For instance, if I choose random on a match and I could look up my lore progress on that particular toon while I am playing the game since I can’t remember all the things I’m supposed to do without looking at the command screen which is unavailable in a pvp match or pve game.

Where/how/who would I approach for permission to do such an app? Web api usage? Anything I do will have the source available on my github.